• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Lady Barbel Anglers

Ian Hugo Arnott

I just wonder how many members of the fairer sex fish for barbel. My daughter does and there is a lady member of our club.

Any more?

Hugo

Hi men,

Sue ( mrs Hatter ) obviously :D . She takes me barbel fishing , if not I'd be on a lake somewhere fishing for carp !.

Hatter

My Wife likes to Fish For Barbel.....!!!!:D...........I Wish....!!!!

rte15e.jpg

Wow! Is that a Speedia?

My wife has fished a number of different rivers with me for barbel. She really has enjoyed been out on the river bank, and soon learned how to cast well and play barbel. Unfortunately her disability has stopped her from fishing many of the venues we used to fish. So we have to look at places where you can either park behind or very close to the pegs.

Dave

About 25 years ago whilst fishing the Apley estate on the middle Severn a couple arrived with fishing tackle on the opposite bank.The man sat in a chair reading a book whilst the woman fished. All day the bloke just sat there reading whilst the woman plundered the Barbel shoal in front of her with fish to 9lb's(big fish in those days from Apley).He showed no interest in the fishing whatsoever,one, funny/unusual day to witness.

Last edited:
My wife is on the bank with me through all kinds of weather .just thinking.the man that said "women are the weaker sex"was a complete idiot
Albert

My wife helen fishes and has fished since going out with her dad fishing for eels on the severn in the 70s.i didnt drive till 2006 so helen was always dropping me off at the arrow and coming back the following morning or late evening.she one day said she would like to fish herself rather than just keep taking me so i kitted her out and she had some really good years on the arrow with a few special big girls along the way[which she said have gone].when the club banned us she decided to step down but we have some good talks lately concerning getting out in the car[sleeping in it at night like good old sue and hatter do]to further afield and just enjoy the scenery etc.

Back