• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Aldi and the close season

Ray Thorpe

Hi Lads I went into my local Aldi store today. And could not beleive what I was reading. There was a big poster up in the shop and loads of Aldi leaflets, saying Gone fishing, Make the most of the Easter holidays by landing some amazing fishing bargains and heading off for a RIVERBANK ESCAPE. Sale starts Thur 17th April.

Not worth complaining unless it specifically indicates coarse fishing. Game fish can be legitimately targeted with the appropriate licence etc.

.........is it the Bob James range of tackle and accessories?

Steve

Hi Lads I went into my local Aldi store today. And could not beleive what I was reading. There was a big poster up in the shop and loads of Aldi leaflets, saying Gone fishing, Make the most of the Easter holidays by landing some amazing fishing bargains and heading off for a RIVERBANK ESCAPE. Sale starts Thur 17th April.

Nothing wrong here, the text implies you can land some amazing fishing bargains during the Easter holidays and head off for a riverbank escape. It does not say *when* that escape should be or if you should specifically fish when you get there, or if you did what type of fishing it should be.

Well thats how I am reading it.

The majority of their customer base would not give a toss about close season going by the ones I see in their stores.

LIDL had fishing stuff a couple of weeks back.

I have bought one of the shoulder bags when they previously had them and also one of those caps with LEDs in the peak. Used the cap all summer in the late evenings. Tesco will charge you more for the batteries than ALDI are asking for the cap with batteries included.

I might even be tempted by the cheap polaroids as I am in the habit of breaking expensive ones.

Back