• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rod and Shelter postal services

Ricky Middleton

Hi all

Ive managed to sell a shelter on ebay, and believed my hermes would be a good choice to be able to send it with, unfortunately this doesnt seem to be the case as the max height, width and depth is only 66cm

I know a few on here have experience of services of this nature, and hoped someone could point me in the right direction

the shelter is approx 6 foot long for info

Rick

After going round the circle with just about every courier company going I can thoroughly recommend Interparcel Ricky.

I use their own service (they actually sub-out to UPS) and its so far been hassle free.

Couriers hate long items and in their trade they call them"uglies". In my previous business we bought 3m lengths of materials from suppliers and the most efficient company to deliver them were Tufnells. Everybody else did their best to destroy them.

Make sure you put plenty of protective wrapping around your item.

Interparcel.com for me at well their economy service seems to use Ups I've had nothing but excellent service from them.

I have also used Interparcel with no problems....

same here, interparcel but use TNT, depot just up the road from me and have never failed to pick up or deliver when they should of...

Hi all, just to keep you in the loop Ive booked with Parcel2go, and City link are collecting tomorrow

I'll let you all know how it all goes

I took the advice on here and went with Interparcel, and TNT was shown to be the cheapest, the rod was collected yesterday and should be in Swansea by now, hopefully. Cost was £8.95 plus vat so no bad at all.

For reels I use Post Office, ebay discount if you use their service

In my work I have probably used all the major carriers. Same day, next day - domestic to international. I have had personal claims run 10 months with Parcel Force and 1 tonne pallets get lost with TNT. I have visited several hub centres and seen first hand how they work and to be honest im amazed anything gets anywhere intact. My own personal impression now is that its a lottery. Most carriers publish there success rate and im probably correct in saying that theres a 5% chance of something going wrong. Only the other day parcel2go were mentioned on one of those consumer watch dog type of programs with regards to a claim yet I still chose to use them with regard to a shelter im posting to Mr Funcks. Why? because when it goes wrong with any of them you can bet your life you are going to be left with a battle on your hands for suitable compensation.

Edit - for those that don't know, parcel2go are a comparison site dealing with the national companies like TNT and Citylink with a variety of services on offer from each

Last edited:
In my work I have probably used all the major carriers. Same day, next day - domestic to international. I have had personal claims run 10 months with Parcel Force and 1 tonne pallets get lost with TNT. I have visited several hub centres and seen first hand how they work and to be honest im amazed anything gets anywhere intact. My own personal impression now is that its a lottery. Most carriers publish there success rate and im probably correct in saying that theres a 5% chance of something going wrong. Only the other day parcel2go were mentioned on one of those consumer watch dog type of programs with regards to a claim yet I still chose to use them with regard to a shelter im posting to Mr Funcks. Why? because when it goes wrong with any of them you can bet your life you are going to be left with a battle on your hands for suitable compensation.

Edit - for those that don't know, parcel2go are a comparison site dealing with the national companies like TNT and Citylink with a variety of services on offer from each

Holy Moly :eek: i hope my shelter arrives in 1 piece :D

Thanks Justin :)

I watched the Dont get caught get Dom programme yesterday morning whilst waiting for the collection van to arrive, but according to the tracking number everything is OK up to now

well......I spoke to soon didn't I. After waiting in all day for city link to collect they have failed to show. I have looked through the parcel2go website and there are no contact tel numbers just an option to rebook. No explanation -just the black hole that is 'the online experience'
I have rebooked collection for tomorrow.....well see what happens!

Back