• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New licence, got one yet?

Still not had mine, you wouldn't think it was so difficult would you! You can understand them putting more money into flood work, but using licence fee money and cutting back on the fishery department is a disgrace.

Can't understand why more don't do it via direct debit.
It's easy, and once set up, you don't need to do anything else.
You get a letter a month or so before the licence is due, telling you how much it is going to be, then a couple of weeks later it arrived through the post...

I don't have to remember anything....

Steve, ive always used the PO website and never had a problem, it normally arrives within a week to 10 days, but its been about 4 weeks so far, and still no sign. I,m not worried, ive got the receipt that i printed off.

Derek ,i would get back on to them,i received mine a couple of days after using the post office website back in March.

not recieved

paid for mine via web post office never recieved printed off the reciept must admit forgot all about it till i was putting new club book in my bag in january.

Steve, ive always used the PO website and never had a problem, it normally arrives within a week to 10 days, but its been about 4 weeks so far, and still no sign. I,m not worried, ive got the receipt that i printed off.

No need to worry at all Derek, that receipt is as good as the license, although I know it's a pain in the butt. I have waited over 4 weeks before, but this time just two weeks.

Looking at the link from the OP I am yet to make my mind up whether to get one or not. once again anglers and angling come way down the pecking order, unless its getting cash from them, pretty high up then.

Can't understand why more don't do it via direct debit.
It's easy, and once set up, you don't need to do anything else.
You get a letter a month or so before the licence is due, telling you how much it is going to be, then a couple of weeks later it arrived through the post...

I don't have to remember anything....

I do! Changed address and upgraded to a Salmon and that's caused problems evidently! Perhaps they'd prefer me to just fish for salmon on a coarse licence:rolleyes:

Looking at the link from the OP I am yet to make my mind up whether to get one or not. once again anglers and angling come way down the pecking order, unless its getting cash from them, pretty high up then.

Wouldn't blame you Graham, it's not like you ever see a bailiff and probably less likely now they've cut funding. Just referring back to the club talk an EA bod did that I attended recently, although I don't doubt the integrity of the individual in question, he was struggling to convince anyone that our licence fee was worth it.

Wouldn't blame you Graham, it's not like you ever see a bailiff and probably less likely now they've cut funding. Just referring back to the club talk an EA bod did that I attended recently, although I don't doubt the integrity of the individual in question, he was struggling to convince anyone that our licence fee was worth it.

Plenty of good people at grass roots Rhys, its the higher ups that need a damn good shake up.

Got mine within a week online, someone elses took 3wks. Disappointed with reading they are using license money to fund flood defences:eek: that should be government funded not angling:mad:
Never been checked once yet for my license, wouldn't buy one if the club Im in didn't state you must be in possession of one.

That reminds me, I paid for mine and sons online 26th March and do not remember them turning up. Think I will get on to them tomorrow though I do have the online receipt.

Thought I would give the EA a bit of good publicity for a change.
The EA funded most of the habitat work carried out on one of Ringwood and district anglers Avon waters, they also provided the labour and equipment for stocking of Roach into the Avon by the Avon roach project.
I spoke to one of the EA guys who do the licence checks in this area, they have recently been cut from 6 to 2 enforcement officers, as the are only allowed to patrol in 2's that means if 1 of them is off the other cannot carry out enforcement checks. The area they cover is about 60 square miles and as well as covering the Avon, Stour and many other rivers it also includes the harbours including Christchurch and Poole, maybe not surprising that we don't often see one.
Once again it is all down to cut backs by the government, no matter what they say the facts are that without the labour to carry out the tasks they will not happen, a lot of the EA guys on the ground are anglers like us and would love to assist us but their hands are tied.

Back