• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Hinders Elips Pellets

John Young

Hi

I thought I might give these ago for the opening week on the River Severn.

I have gathered that the large are about 10mm what is the size of Medium and Small please?

Keep an eye on the batch's John, I've had them before were one batch was really dark and full of oil then the next batch was a lot paler and not has much oil in. Brilliant bait tho mate;)

thanks for the info chaps

all three sizes can be hair rigged so I am pleased with that.

I have ordered 2 kilo of each size and they arrive tomorrow. Thanks for the colour info and I will report back what shade of grey they are :D

2 weeks and counting down :)

I have been told that the small are now round in section not flat, medium and large still flat.

Just got my 5kg of the big size today there flat.also got 2 pots of elips pellet hookers but they look very different in size and colour one pot full of oil the other realy dry but not realy a problem as can add elips oil. Top bait though seems to catch on most places

Dont forget that David Seaman wont go barbel fishing without a pot of those elips hookers:)

Apparently they always save the day!

Can verify that the 10mm are flat. the 4mm are defo round. Not sure about the 6mm tho, but if Phil Nixon says the 6mm are flat, then i,ll believe him. :)

Yes Derek the medium are flat, probably doesn't make any difference the small being round except in our heads.

On the subject of goalkeepers let's hope Joe Hart uses Elips oil on his hair to keep us safe next month!!!!.

Hope he doesn't get any on his gloves though:eek:

Large are elips and full of oil
Medium are elips no oil
Small are not elips and no oil
see colour difference

pellets.jpg

Last edited:
Hinders said they all have the same oil content but the large leak more oil than the rest?

your views please chaps

That should suit me fine when i order mine as i will be using the 10mm for the hair and the small 6 and 4 in the feeder. Never used them before but really fancy giving them a go. Will get some blitz hookers and paste and groundbait also!
What i don't get though is they keep changing thee free delivery offer. One week its £65 with free del, then it's £45 again?

Dave

I've never seen them with that much oil before ! Great bait but still blanked with them many times too !!

Back