• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Poole Bay - Wind farm proposal

Garry Lee

Intersting piece by John Levell, see the diary entries for 8th & 10th August

Avon diary

Was speaking to Nick Giles the other evening regarding a recent meeting he'd been to regarding this project, to say he was unconvinced by the expert views being proferred would be an understatement!:(

(Andy, feel free to move this if you think it's in the wrong place)

No one can really know what effect 4 years of accoustic din would have on the homing instincts of migratory fish, but if it did upset the salmon run, 4 years is long enough to render them extinct in the southern chalkstreams.
Windfarms seem to be like airports,..unstoppable monsters.

Wind farms are the biggest white elephant ever put upon us!. A friend of mine worked on the development
of them and he told me that they actually wear out before they have produced enough electricity to pay for themselves!

considering the money and power influence that the residents of sandbanks have i would have thought these people would have crushed that idea of the windfarm in poole bay:eek:

Back