Barbel Fishing World

Go Back   Barbel Fishing World Forums > Message Boards > Other Species Fishing

Notices

Old 30-06-2016, 18:18

Right, fished Blenheim today. God Awful! 6 boats out and not a single person had as much as a bite...neither me nor my father had so much as a liner, didnt see any signs of fish whatsoever other than a small dead bream and a jack pike. I dont believe there is any head of fish in there at all which is disappointing considering how classic a lake it is. This experience pretty much concurs with all the others i have read from the last few years.
Has anyone fished horseshoe or any of the waterpark fisheries this season? Called in to horseshoe on the way home and had a chat to the bailiff, he reckoned it hadnt been a good tench year...does anyone fish there regulaly? I hear alot about the scaled down carp tactics but i really enjoy float fishing for my tench...is the float successful there?
Old 04-07-2016, 12:21

Hello George
Perhaps try Berry hill fisheries
Carp, Pike, Tench, Zander, Roach, Bream Fishery | Bury Hill Fisheries

I keep meaning to give it a go they got punts for hire as well but plenty of good tench and carp and crucians as well on the float and pin.

if you go would be interested to hear how you get on
Old 04-07-2016, 14:37

Yeah it looks a good spot unfortunately it would be about a 2 and a half hour drive from us here in Bath. Blenheim was on the edge for us at one and three quarters away, wish I hadn't bothered in hindsight! I just can't seem to find any decent tench fishing near us in Somerset that isn't either on a commercial type fishery dug yesterday and surrounded in platforms, or emptied by otters.

Which is why I am now thinking that the Glos gravel pits are maybe my only option...but its a shame that it is most likely to be sitting behind alarms from what I read, although I will definitely try the float first.
Old 04-07-2016, 18:26

http://horcottlakes.yolasite.com

Horcott well worth a go, plenty of tench in the big lake. Also linear fisheries which offers the best chance of a a double, hardwick smiths being my favourite
Old 05-07-2016, 08:21

Cheers Jason, Horcott looks the goods and is only an hour away from me, as is horseshoe, perfect for an overnighter or two. Wouldn't mind bumping into a stray 20 either! Have you fished there much? Look like decent marginal float fishing? Looks as if it is probably slightly less busy than horseshoe which is a plus.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:49

I've done a couple of 3 night sessions on there last year and had plenty of fish on the maggot feeder at long range from the swims in the car park. There not massive 4-5 lb being the average and a 7lber being a big un. There's also plenty of big bream in there as well going into doubles. I know the guy who runs them Lee pollard, he runs Lechlade tackle so any up to date info prior to going it would be worth giving him a ring. The shelf drops off close in so it would lend itself to float fishing.
Old 05-07-2016, 10:16

Good info mate. I shall give it a go next time I get some free time...after my new brolly system arrives...haven't done an overnighter for years, looking forward to it...don't know if the old man will be so keen mind!

A 4-5lber is a good tench in my book with a 7 being an absolute monster so no issues with that.

Cheers again
Old 05-07-2016, 10:19

m
Old 05-07-2016, 10:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Maltby View Post
Good info mate. I shall give it a go next time I get some free time...after my new brolly system arrives...haven't done an overnighter for years, looking forward to it...don't know if the old man will be so keen mind!

A 4-5lber is a good tench in my book with a 7 being an absolute monster so no issues with that.

Cheers again
Since I last fished it I know he's stocked a lot of small carp, how that's affected the tench and bream fishing I don't know. But I presume you should get plenty of bites....even if it's carp.
Old 05-07-2016, 13:06

Cheers again,

and Duncan as well...m marks the spot!