Barbel Fishing World

Go Back   Barbel Fishing World Forums > Message Boards > Other Species Fishing

Notices

Old 02-01-2017, 22:15

I use those clear plastic containers with the blue seals and 4 clips around from the 1 shop, various sizes for cameras/wallet etc then dry bag inside a dry bag,there are plenty on ebay cheap from the far east get a number of different sizes.Two of the lads cameras got wet/ruined just going cross the river.
Old 03-01-2017, 16:57

Thanks for the replies, have now got some reasonably priced Scierra boots on the way.
Old 03-01-2017, 21:48

We tried all types from the most expensive down and after 2 weeks the two pairs of scierra boots were still going strong,(one pair was mine ha ha)that was a couple of years ago.I have had a couple of pairs since,melted the soles on Misty's camp fire though,whilst still on (really cold). Some seriously expensive pairs lost their soles after a week of walking/fishing.Do not leave them on the ground at night,hang them up by the laces.
Old 03-01-2017, 21:58

Altogether it's a lot of outlay but will be worth it. Some of the tackle items I can move on after the trip if they survive. Have you got any trips planned Mark?
Old 03-01-2017, 22:54

Sounds like an awesome trip planned mate, I really want to do that tour one day, should I ever get the money together!
Old 03-01-2017, 22:54

Some of my fellow club members are trying to get an Indian trip started .But i have nothing planned this year,might drop into thailand on the way to australia though.
Old 03-01-2017, 23:00

It's a hard life Mark!
Old 03-01-2017, 23:09

Did see some massive eels on my last Australian trip so might be tempted just for the photo.I hate the bloomin things though.When i was young they made me pick up the biggest eels you have ever seen from the eel traps at Britford one year.The biggest fish was over the british record at the time and its put me off them ever since
Old 04-01-2017, 22:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys Perry View Post
Sounds like an awesome trip planned mate, I really want to do that tour one day, should I ever get the money together!
It's a dream trip for us, the seed was planted back in the 80's as lads watching the John Wilson Go Fishing programmes. It's the adventure as much as the fishing that I'm looking forward to.
Old 04-01-2017, 23:32

Those stretches of river down south were very special,the scenery up north is spectacular but the fishing will be a lot harder.the junction pool area is probably going to be the best chance for a big fish.If there is two of you try to fish one from the Temple side casting across to the rock face just above where they burn the bodies(sorry) and the other in the main junction pool below on the opposite side.I think this will be at the end of your holiday though.If i were fishing i would try to find stone loach imitations there were a lot in the river.Try to find out which trip you are on ,he does a couple of raft trips down a few rivers.