Barbel Fishing World

Go Back   Barbel Fishing World Forums > Message Boards > Other Species Fishing

Notices

Old 02-01-2017, 14:11

Default Wet wading

Heading to warmer climes later in the year and will need wet wading gear. Not really sure what I need to be looking at, anyone have any experience of wet wading that can offer advice? Have done some research but really after some first hand advice.

Cheers, Darren.
Old 02-01-2017, 16:24

Shorts?!
Old 02-01-2017, 16:34

Something for the feet Rhys!
Old 02-01-2017, 18:38

Where are you going to Darren are what are you fishing for?.I just remembered where(lucky git) India ?,you will need felt soled wader boots, bare legs and trunks(avoid any heavy weight shorts they get wet and chaffe) the scierra models have been very good and seem to last the walking and wading, and are cheap.Gravel guards and a pair of thick socks.Get some sudocreme for between the toes,to stop sand rub and split skin.For wandering about the camp get some crocs you can also go in the water in these.Check with Misty too for more accurate advise
Old 02-01-2017, 19:23

Top man, thanks for that Mark - Just the kind of advice I'm after. Yes it's India we're heading to Regarding socks, do you reckon neoprene socks are worth a go? Cheers.
Old 02-01-2017, 20:22

Never used them but they tend to be more open at the top so allow sand in easier, so maybe not.Just remember to get out of the wading boots as soon as you get back to camp and dry your feet and hang wet socks up.I never use gravel guards but end up taking off the boots during the fishing session sometimes to get rid of sand.The sudocreme feels a bit weird under socks but saves so many foot issues.Take some of those screws for wader soles too,they can be useful if your sole starts to peel off on your boots to re secure the sole.
Old 02-01-2017, 20:27

Those compression socks used by runners might be a good shout as they're a snug fit, could end up looking like Paula Radcliffe though! Thanks Mark, gives me something to go on.
Old 02-01-2017, 20:33

Get a couple of dry bags for all you camera/wallet etc,the rafts allow water through and your luggage can get wet crossing the river to the camp
Old 02-01-2017, 20:41

We're doing the float trip so waterproof luggage a must. Just brought a decent waterproof hold-all and looking for a day bag currently. Still got rods and lures to buy as well, looking at the Daiwa whisker spin rods as they're recommended by someone who has spun for Mahseer. Getting quite excited even though 10 months away.
Old 02-01-2017, 21:07

Spent a lot of time overseas in water... ex RN Diver... we used to just use some British forces jungle boots. As for body protection from jellyfish etc. A thin dive skin will suffice.