• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Flat Fish

Darryl Davis

And tidal-stretches dont count!
Here is one from two weirs above the tidal stretch of the Wharfe (on trundled lobworm) - A flounder of about 2lb.
184156c7d3a09bf35c7340976b51e45e864b261.JPG

I once caught a Flounder in a club match (Malton and Norton) on a gravel pit near Driffield when i was a kid, it was about 1/2lb and i got no photo's as one of the elders trod on it :eek: its probably a record for a stillwater Flounder unless anyone knows different :D

how do they fight? lots on the Thames where I live allegedly, though I've not had one myself.

When I was a kid I caught a really little one in a tiny stream called the Swilgate in Tewkesbury. It is a tributary of the Mill Avon, which feeds the Severn. Very exciting!

Caught a proper one off the coast of Scotland too - tasted great!

I had a flounder of 1lb 12oz back in 2005 from the Wharfe. I caught it on a lobworm from an area two weirs above the tidal stretch............this is starting to sound familiar. :rolleyes:

Nice to know the little fella has been peacefully swimming about minding his own business for the past few years.

I once caught a Flounder in a club match (Malton and Norton) on a gravel pit near Driffield when i was a kid, it was about 1/2lb and i got no photo's as one of the elders trod on it :eek: its probably a record for a stillwater Flounder unless anyone knows different :D

Caught a few from a stillwater in housing estate in Bridgewater, Somerset, years ago. No one I saw ever weighed them so you're safe to claim the record if you want it. I'm not that fussed myself!;)

Back