Barbel Fishing World

Go Back   Barbel Fishing World Forums > Message Boards > Barbel Talk

Notices

Old 12-09-2017, 14:10

The place I brought it from was a tackle shop up north, it was royal mail, I contacted the shop when it didn't arrive, he chased around and found it at the post office, that's when the length issue came up, when it did arrive ( UPS I believe ) the tube was 202cm.

Guess the PO collected from hiw business address? although not sure how shops deal with the post office. Post Office 32.98 lol
Old 15-09-2017, 10:17

well UPS rod sent 10.80 :0) one saved in my favorites!
Old 16-09-2017, 10:32

I've got a rod collection planned monday so we will see.
Certainly better price.
Old 18-09-2017, 19:15

Well UPS turned up at 5.50pm just when I had given up waiting. Was a grump.
Old 19-09-2017, 10:38

Mine get left in a doored porch for them to collect so don't have to worry, I live away from the crowds.

Rod I posted arrived on time, happy customer, happy me as it got there cheaply :0)

Had a powerpak I sent collect+ the other week, paid signed and insured got call from guy not arrived, checked site it was delivered on the wednesday, phoned company, sorry we didn't get it signed but left it locked in his electric meter box, with photograph!!!, they didn't card him of the fact, he opened the door and there it was.
Old 19-09-2017, 11:45

That's the only downside Graham, i've sent stacks of rods with ups and there is no regular pattern around this area as to when they could arrive to pick it up, it's ranged from 8.40am to 5.30pm...
as i said i've sent loads and the other day i had an email from ups saying one of the rods i sent was over the stated size and weight which was absolute cobblers, i religiously measure and weigh and always err on the plus side.. the tube itself was 196 x 11 x 11cm and a perfectly round cardboard tube, they reckon the diameter was 12 x 11 ??? impossible.. the weight was 2.6 kilo and i stated 3 kilo, they reckon it was 5.5 kilo... absolute rubbish!
they stated the rod had been sent but be aware of the correct measurement and weight as next time the parcel would be subject to a surcharge or not sent at all! charming!
as regards delivery never had a problem with 'em and they have always collected but as i said you never know when...
I haven't sent any rods with them since i had this email so we'll see what happens when i do, price wise they can't be beat so really do want to stick with them....
Old 19-09-2017, 23:49

Phil , I got a similar E mail to this . After a bit of poking around I discovered it's some sort of scam and nothing to do with UPS . I just ignored it carried on with UPS as normal with no problem
Old 20-09-2017, 16:25

Ahhh.. thanks Mike.. must be some type of scam to get your payment details sooner or later..