Barbel Fishing World

Go Back   Barbel Fishing World Forums > Message Boards > Barbel Talk

Notices

Old 05-04-2013, 00:15

we have social evenings ,we just had the annual fundraising auction night ,and last week was the trophey night we also have regular fly tying nights (well it is a mixed fishery ,so we have a mix of both coarse and trout anglers) there is a few social events this year to come yet & a couple of fish-ins .i'll look through my e-mails ,i should have a list of activities ,then i'll Pm you the list .
[/QUOTE]
Old 05-04-2013, 14:20

Thanks Steven, I look forward to meeting you and the rest of the group.
Old 05-04-2013, 19:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Needham View Post
Thanks guys,
I have been in contact with the river erewash foundation and will be joining them soon. This should be a step in the right direction and it will be good to get involved with the group. Justin I would like to catch a grayling as I have never done so before. I usually fish the trent local to me and have had some good results this season but I am now looking to try out the erewwash for a more intimate style of fishing. Here is my email if anyone would like to contact me privately. ady12345n@tiscali.co.uk
Many thanks for your input, Ady
Adrian if you fancy catching your first Grayling I can recommend the Derwent around Matlock. Loads of them, Trout and the odd Barbel. Great river. Also the Don is in the middle of Sheffield is a sure bet.
Old 06-04-2013, 17:48

Thanks Justin, but i mention the erewash because it is really close to me. Idid fish at whatstandwell many years ago and all i caught was loads and loads of minnows on maggots. I did hook something large but I think it took one of the minnows as I was realing in and it dropped off before I saw it. I am hoping to find the erewash grayling so I can fish for them next winter as I couldnt catch on the Trent over this cold spell. Only had a small barbel since last november. Nevermind heres to the new season.