Barbel Fishing World

Go Back   Barbel Fishing World Forums > Message Boards > Barbel Talk

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 28-07-2017, 20:20
Steve Foran's Avatar
Steve Foran Steve Foran is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: blackley in manchester
Posts: 1,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brooksbank View Post
My fishing pal decided to change from subline to touchdown and certainly wasn't impressed with it,having lost two good fish being snapped up due to less stretch.
Just a thought Steve.... Me, good old Gr60.
Dave like I say I cannot fault it this season started off with three doubles on it
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 29-07-2017, 15:17
Dave Brooksbank's Avatar
Dave Brooksbank Dave Brooksbank is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Berkshire
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Foran View Post
Dave like I say I cannot fault it this season started off with three doubles on it
Fair play mate.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 30-07-2017, 21:52
Richard Parsons's Avatar
Richard Parsons Richard Parsons is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Manchester
Posts: 979
Default

When I do use mono, I go for Sufix Synergy. Strong, supple and good abrasion-resistance.

https://www.tackleuk.co.uk/Shop/Carp...Mono-1000m.htm
__________________
Cheers, Rich
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 31-07-2017, 06:40
Bill Walford's Avatar
Bill Walford Bill Walford is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Crayford, Kent
Posts: 774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Parsons View Post
When I do use mono, I go for Sufix Synergy. Strong, supple and good abrasion-resistance.

https://www.tackleuk.co.uk/Shop/Carp...Mono-1000m.htm
I've never looked at SS before Richard but note that it's lower in diameter for it's BS than many of the others! Is this because it's more realistically labelled or do you find that it breaks higher than stated BS?
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 31-07-2017, 17:53
Richard Parsons's Avatar
Richard Parsons Richard Parsons is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Manchester
Posts: 979
Default

Probably the former, Bill, though I've not tested the bs in any way scientifically. I just find it a strong and reliable line that's never snapped with a fish on. Having said that, I use braid as mainline on the pin and that's 90% of the time nowadays.
__________________
Cheers, Rich
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 31-07-2017, 21:38
Joe Winstanley Joe Winstanley is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Here and there
Posts: 719
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Parsons View Post
Probably the former, Bill, though I've not tested the bs in any way scientifically. I just find it a strong and reliable line that's never snapped with a fish on. Having said that, I use braid as mainline on the pin and that's 90% of the time nowadays.
What strength/make of braid do you use Richard? Although I now use braid almost exclusively for piking and when 'trying' to catch bream, I've never used it for barbel and I'm open minded to using it. I'm thinking of giving it a go for floodwater fishing as I see the lower diameter offers quite an advantage in heavy flows. I've found power pro very reliable for piking and on my marker/baitdropping rod.
__________________
“One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.”

Diogenes
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 31-07-2017, 22:33
Robert Linwood Robert Linwood is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: potters bar hertfordshire
Posts: 1,382
Default

GR60 never let me down yet great line
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-08-2017, 17:35
Richard Parsons's Avatar
Richard Parsons Richard Parsons is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Manchester
Posts: 979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Winstanley View Post
What strength/make of braid do you use Richard? Although I now use braid almost exclusively for piking and when 'trying' to catch bream, I've never used it for barbel and I'm open minded to using it. I'm thinking of giving it a go for floodwater fishing as I see the lower diameter offers quite an advantage in heavy flows. I've found power pro very reliable for piking and on my marker/baitdropping rod.
Joe - I use Super 8 Slick in 30lb (brown). This diameter - similar to 8lb mono and very reliable.
__________________
Cheers, Rich
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.