• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Nash Fang Hooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Nash Fang Hooks​

Introduction

These hooks have been around for some time and I remember buying a few packs just before the Foot and Mouth epidemic broke out. The packets of hooks somehow got lost in my hook wallet and were forgotten. It was only when I had a run of hook pulls and point turnovers with my regular pattern that while grovelling around for some trusty 'Continentals', the Fangs were found. Maybe time to try them after all this time - so I did.

fangs.jpg

Description

The hook has a medium to long curved shank with a turned down eye, incorporating a straight, sharp point. The Fang hooks are also available in a heavier wire version called the Fang X. Barbed versions of Fang and X versions come in sizes 2, 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8. Barbless Fangs in sizes 4, 6 and 8.

fangs2.jpg

In Use

I've used these hooks since November 2003 for hair rigged baits and can say that I'm impressed. Very low incidence of hook pulls (in fact on barbel none), no snaps, few blunts and point turnovers. If you pull against a rock and the hook point comes against it then you will get blunting - obvious, but compared to my former brand the frequency of hook problems have dramatically decreased. Usually use Size 6 and 8 in standard wire, although heavier wire Fang X are available.

Conclusions

Currently my favourite hook for general use and I've tried quite a few. Slightly longer shank than generally used but seems to be a first class hooker. So far, total confidence in Fangs.

Price

Around £3.25 for 10.

Availability

Kevin Nash stockists. Barbed versions of Fang and X versions come in sizes 2, 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8. Barbless Fangs in sizes 4, 6 and 8.

Bob Gill
April 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back