• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

TACKLE REVIEWS (or Lack of)

Keith Humphreys

Senior Member & Supporter
Guys,

Forgive me for asking but after being asked for recommendations for a Barbel Rod to purchase by a freind I foolishly recommended that he should look at the reviews on BFW only to find out that they have not been kept up to date since 2012:(
Is there a reason for this??

Guys,

Forgive me for asking but after being asked for recommendations for a Barbel Rod to purchase by a freind I foolishly recommended that he should look at the reviews on BFW only to find out that they have not been kept up to date since 2012:(

Most tackle reviews are just entertaining and normally just serve to support the owners perceived wisdom in the original purchase.

But like many I lap 'em up and many a purchase has been decided by reviews, especially on here, as to the merits in that, well that's another story, in the end trial and error normally get's me where I think I need to be, until I read another must have review :)

So I guess it's up to BFW members to do something about it, there you go go Keith, after you. ;)

Keith,

Just search the forums on this site and you'll find plenty of information on the various rod choices out there.

Dave

the reviews on BFW only to find out that they have not been kept up to date since 2012:(

Keith

It is not a case of these not being kept up to date, it is simply that nobody has (bothered) submitted, or felt the urge, to do any reviews.

I agree with Dave- I think that rod and reel options crop up frequently on the main forum and these threads tend to broaden out a fair bit with a number of people providing a personal perspective and also offering up alternatives. I generally prefer referencing those threads when considering a purchase. The threads often start with a "what's the best rod for...." type of question.

Back