• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

94lb cat from Severn?

The worst thing about this now is the rivers are going to be crammed with catfish anglers. I've been planning a session down the lower Severn but might give it a miss for a bit.

The worst thing about this now is the rivers are going to be crammed with catfish anglers. I've been planning a session down the lower Severn but might give it a miss for a bit.

Shouldn't worry about that Jon, even if they did fancy their chances there is more than enough room for everyone. Besides more bait the better going in.
Fished Ripple over the weekend, just eel, yesterday had the whole river to myself.
A few Barbel came out Saturday, thing is it's very deep like 18 feet deep:eek:

Shouldn't worry about that Jon, even if they did fancy their chances there is more than enough room for everyone. Besides more bait the better going in.
Fished Ripple over the weekend, just eel, yesterday had the whole river to myself.
A few Barbel came out Saturday, thing is it's very deep like 18 feet deep:eek:

Neil you don't normally fish Ripple ? Were you looking for pussy ? :rolleyes:

Neil you don't normally fish Ripple ? Were you looking for pussy ? :rolleyes:

No, I fancied a burger and an ice cream, but I was on my sweeny todd:

No catfish alas, so I think the story is a load bo££ocks, but did get a visit from the Pons and his posse which broke the tedium.

Back