• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Absolutely madness what people will pay

Sending 12’ two piece rods is a proper backache at the moment, it doesn’t help the prices of second hand rods when you’re asking for a lot more for postage and it takes you so much longer to find and arrange it.

A lot more collection only means lower prices

Had to put this up, Absolutely Bonkers.
This is the most I've ever seen it sell for
Screenshot_2021-05-28-08-30-23.jpg

I posted this April last year. This tatty bottle of Hutchinson Mulberry Florantine sold on Ebay for £350 plus postage , real Madness . About 3 years ago I saw one in a reduced box for £5 in a tackle shop along with a Southern Fried Chicken. I bought the Southern Fried Chicken and left the Mulberry Florantine. After seeing what it went for do you think I can remember what Tackle shop it was ,nope. A Fox Kevlar and £30 or a bottle of Hutchinson

Attachments

• mullberry florantine.jpg
    mullberry florantine.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Solid blue triangle in mint, mega rare. Peeps buy them as an investment, not to play.
I've several albums, picked up in Charity shops and my local record store over the years, before the market went bonkers; quite a few worth well over £1,000.
Can't walk past a charity shop without checking to see if there's any Gems amongst the usual tatt,1st pressing's of Led Zepp for example, Mega money if in decent condition.

Can't walk past a charity shop without checking to see if there's any Gems amongst the usual tatt,1st pressing's of Led Zepp for example, Mega money if in decent condition.
Sadly no more bargains in charity shops these days, the records are all checked and graded. But there's still LPs worth having, as they're not revered as many others.
Here's my library :)
1622361634213.png

I think the price of second hand fishing tackle has got silly. I accept that there a rods and reels out there that are desirable because they hold nostalgic sentiment to a generation, or simply that people loved the rod or reel for its fish playing ability etc. However, its still second hand... Wrapping on the handle or not. I do blame the lock down for this as nothing was being produced. Also I do think the fact that the winter was so bad that people bought stuff based on the fact that they were bored and the rivers were a mess so they couldn't get out and fish. Series 7 avon rods are a good example. Yeah great rods.. But are they really worth more than their price new?... A debate that could go on forever!

Things are worth what people will pay for them .Prices in the 2nd hand vintage fishing collectables market fluctuates wildly , there does , at times seem no rhyme or reason to this but lockdown has played it's part

Hi men,

I smile at the price of carp books , I've got loads , but they are used as ......... books 😄. Lots of the covers are discarded in a pile as i read them in bed , or they are in my cupboard at work 😲.

Hatter

Bonkers money for 2 solar bobbins

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210601_202837_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20210601_202837_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 168
any old Solar gear is going for crazy money now

I sold my Solar worldwide pod with global extension couple of years ago for more than I bought it new for so I bought a Korum pod and a Prologic pod and still had a chunk of cash left over big smile

£1200 to look like a tit...... whatever happened to a penny on the spool with a biscuit tin underneath...... christ i’m old
I must be posh Terry I used a tin plate 🤣🤣 Those were the days....YES we’re getting old 😱

Back