• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Backpack style tackle bags.

I would say you are better spending a bit more and buying separate chair, quiver and rucksack

To be honest I don't really need it but like the way the chair clips to the bag. I might just replace my chair for something a bit more comfortable.

Hi Stephen
I've lost count at the amount of bags I have but in answer to your original question check out the KORUM TACTICAL BAG.
two main pockets plus a glasses or bits pocket and a small front pocket.
Yes it is a small rucksack, absolutely perfect for roving and stalking.
It holds a nice box for all your end bits, other stuff I carry, drinks, food, camera, torch and plenty of bait.
Next time you are at THROOP give me a call and I will show you this bag.
Brian.

Hi Stephen
I've lost count at the amount of bags I have but in answer to your original question check out the KORUM TACTICAL BAG.
two main pockets plus a glasses or bits pocket and a small front pocket.
Yes it is a small rucksack, absolutely perfect for roving and stalking.
It holds a nice box for all your end bits, other stuff I carry, drinks, food, camera, torch and plenty of bait.
Next time you are at THROOP give me a call and I will show you this bag.
Brian.

Hi Bri,
I'm off the tools this week training people so I'm here, there everywhere although I may be on the fishery for an hour here or there. Rather fixated on a fat Barbel I've discovered on a different fishery at present (frustrating fish).

I've currently and have for the last few years used an over the shoulder bag. Trouble is over a mile or two the disbalanced effect makes it pretty uncomfortable. So I'm looking to switch to a back pack style, anyone got any suggestions? I don't want to take the whole house with me but enough tackle to switch method or replace crack offs etc.

I was in the exact same situation, and then discovered the Aqua roving rucksack.
Lies flat on a hard, waterproof base. The whole back panel unzips so no rummaging around, lots of pockets and a removable divider/tackle tray and zip up pouches ( never used them with mine ).
Grab handles top and tail for hoofing it into the car, straps for a mat ( they say brolly/bivvy! ) and some zipped internal pockets for items that need to be kept secure such as keys, phone, permits etc.
Very, very comfortable to carry even with a full load. Big enough to take whatever you need, small enough to be viable as a short session bag.

Yes it's a carp rucksack and no it isn't cheap. But...after a summer and autumm of barbel fishing and a winter pike fishing, I have yet to break anything. And I have a talent for breaking the unbreakable
No broken buckles, no fraying straps, no jammed zips.
Cannot praise it enough.
My old man ( who is notoriously tight ) spent 5 minutes playing with it when I had it, 2 days later he had one turn up.

My ultimate river bag. I'd better buy another one or two before they discontinue them..

mate put me on to the US army Alice pack they have been around since the Vietnam war although the US soldiers use a new style now. Can be hard to find on surplus sites ebay etc but masses of carrying space, indestructible, quick release straps. Not the lightest but will last much longer than most of the newer branded packs. A few mates have em as well years old still going strong.

I've struggled along with the shoulder bag so far, but just purchased an non specific tactical bag. Should be here over the next week, il let you guys know what it's like.

Thinking Anglers Rucksack

Hi I have a used twice thinking anglers rucksack if anyone is interested.
£50 Inc p &p
Can email photos
Or collection from Reading Berkshire
Regards
Wayne

I've just used a 35ltr or a 50ltr rucksack i bought from eBay. Both in very hard wearing Camo colour. Both have 2 main pockets with 4 smaller pockets all the pocket have a mesh panel in them for your bit and bobs. Lots of adjustable straps for bank poles. I have a small seat strapped on them. Cost me no more than £12 delivered from China. I've used these for the last 5 years and except for the odd mud marks, there are no signs of wear and all the zip run smoothly. Which is surprising as i fish 6 to 7 days a week and for most of the time just chuck it on the ground.So far they have lasted longer than my old Nash, Shimano rucksacks.

Korum rucksack

Hi I'd recommend the Korum rucksack. They are well made robust and come in different sizes. I personally use the one with the insulated bait compartment on top.

Still using a Karrimor Jura rucksack

Had this for yonks , made out of hard wearing material , thick not like many of the newbies. Great for roaming around a small river like The Dearne, two side pockets one front pocket one all the zips still work. Used to clip my unhooking mat onto the main straps.

I have a Cotswold Aquarius Roamer, and have had for the last 10 years. Fantastic design, extremely well built and i can also loop my chair through the detachable straps like the Korum to make carrying easier.

Not cheap, but confident that i will get another 10 years out of mine.

To be honest I don't really need it but like the way the chair clips to the bag. I might just replace my chair for something a bit more comfortable.

The Korum chair is more than acceptable for an all dayer, but if you're thinking of overnight or a few days, then you probably do want something more geared towards that - don't forget that particular Korum chair is made and sold with roving in mind. The quiver is a bit of something and nothing, though.

In the absence of an army surplus bag which is the right size and has the right dimensions, I too would recommend any of the Korum bags. Very very sensibly designed, bullet proof, and reasonably priced.

When I want to be ultra-mobile but still have the option to perch on something other than the ground, I also have a Daiwa ruckstool, which comes in two different sizes and colours - https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_odkw=daiwa+ruckstool&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xdaiwa+ruck+stool.TRS0&_nkw=daiwa+ruck+stool&_sacat=0. I have the larger black and red one.

Back