• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

bait

Yes I get most of my bait on line from Hinders but they don't do them boilies. I ask the shop if

they could order them but I would have to buy 10 1kg bags

Prompted by this thread I had a count of the baits I had with me whilst tench fishing a gravel pit today. Two types of boilies, spam, pellet, prawns, mussels, sweetcorn, bread and worms. I only caught on sweetcorn but the prawns and mussels weren't wasted! :eek:

I am one of the old school and always fish luncheon meat,if there is room to use 2 rods then the second bait will be halibut pellet.I did experiment with different flavoured boilies a couple of seasons ago and did ok but when using 2 rods meat invariably outscored the boilie rod.
I agree with having confidence in your bait and sticking with it,if the fish are feeding and you present a bait in front of them then they will take it,if not then you are in the wrong place or they are not feeding.

Back