• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Baiting Campaign?

Hi Paul. Not fished the Wye too much for barbel this year but plenty around. When you come next time let me know.

Give my regards to Guy. Go get that 22lber.

Will do. He never changes can't believe we have fished together for twelve years. Hope to be down on the Wye before Christmas, will let you know.

Daniel
Talk to me if we meet on the bank over the next 3 months or so. Will start soon [only fished once since the season opened] concentrating on big chub now. Can assure you pre baiting works but its time consuming. Find areas away from other anglers and pile it in. A 10 lb bucket of say maples emptied in the Thames looks like nothing. The bream will move in which is exactly what you want. Might be 2 or 3 weeks then the barbel will arrive and push the bream out. Don't start barbel fishing for another week or so and the bream will disappear and your left with the barbel. In the stretches you and I fish it was not uncommon for my late partner Keith and I to have a dozen fish apiece each night. Forget the so called wrap around bites, they were just short pulls before they moved to another bait. Once you get them going they are very easy. The most I caught in a daytime session is 32 [only 2 doubles] but fabulous fishing. Had quite an audience but it was fun.Take care and catch a few for me !!!

Back