• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bankside Team Barbel Baits.

John Cook

Good Afternoon Fellow Barbelers,

Just noticed Bankside Tackle Advertising on the home page so had a look at their website, what happened to the 2 great liquids Boozy Yeast and Aquapro? Plus no Team Barbel boilies anymore! Anyone still using this bait?

Lee thats a surprise they were a good bait with a paste wrap.....Must have been bad angling LOL:eek:

Jon - I think the Team Barbel Boilies have always been barrel shaped and so they call them nuggets. If this is the case they are still advertised

BanksideTackle - professional fishing tackle shop

I've never found the need for frozen baits so use shelf life versions

I bought a bag a couple of years ago fo a specific need (Thought they would go well in very clear water as a non spooky 'camo' bait - which they do) They do 'wash out' to a grey colour over time though. I would say that they could be a bit stronger on flavour.

The dark Team Barbel paste is excellent, so too is the brown Grubber Paste if the first isn't available (I think this ones got belachan in it) You don't need a TB boilie to make either successful. ;)

Last edited:
I've had some cracking fish up to 12lbs on Team Barbel - a great bait in a number of different rivers. Worked for me on the Bristol Avon, Lower Severn, Teme, Hampshire Avon and Warks Avon. I preferred the smaller barrel baits and paste. Tempted to go back onto them after a while using a different bait for exactly the same reason Steve gives - black baits work well in clear water IMO.

Hi Steve,

I must have made a mistake then they must have always been nuggets....Is this bait the same mix as the 3RB?

Last edited:
Thank you Dave, have you been out yet?

Well done Dave, was that T.W.?

Give them another go Lee, have you got the frozen nuggets?

Lee why dont you get a pot of the team barbel paste for a wrap and give them another go? I know they were thought of as a good bait, if you use 2 rods try them on 1....

Lee why dont you get a pot of the team barbel paste for a wrap and give them another go? I know they were thought of as a good bait, if you use 2 rods try them on 1....

Thanks john il giv em another blast ive had that paste the paste is good.

Back