• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Barbel a Lifetimes Addiction -Trefor West

Patrick Dolan

Just had a copy of this book delivered.

IT was from Lone Angler and priced at a fiver plus postage due to what they called damage on the spine caused by some issue during storage .

Has arrived and you would hardly know that there was any damage . very slight watermaks inside front and back cover but no damage to any pages.

Bargain in my opinion as I think they initailly retailed at £30 ish.

When they were first produced there was a batch which fell apart after a few reads, so long as you don't keep it anywhere too warm it should be ok. I would suggest a North facing room away from radiators; definitely not in a hot car.

I have had two copies where this happened and was thinking of looking on the net to see if there is a type of glue that may help the problem. It is among the best barbel books around.

Great read, I bought mine through Angling publications a few years back and had the same happen to the spinal glue, they refunded me and said I could keep the book. Your probably find it will get worse as you read the book, not the content, as mentioned a great book and for a fiver a snip. Enjoy

Lordy, that's one hell of a lot of books that have fallen apart. Damned good job these people don't make landing net poles :p:p:p

Only joking lads :D....and yes, a bit below the belt I admit....I couldn't resist it though, in view of various other threads recently :D

Cheers, Dave.

mine arrived today and looks mint though sounds like I will have to make the most of it but for a fiver you cant go wrong as not looking to sell on

The best book I have read.love the Barbel conference.
Got mine directly from TW but like all the others the spine parted company with the pages.
I think I used copydex to fix it.

I just ordered myself one at that price, :)

Just put some grip fill along the spine lol
Mine fell apart too.
Decent book, but not sure I'd read it more than once........

Back