• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Barbel Champs to be launched !!!!!!

Maybe I should publicise my 19?

I would rather be pelted naked at the stocks with tins of Garlic Spam than be involved in the Barbel Champs.

Then again if it was on the Trent on a Tuesday it may interest me.....

Maybe I can join in with the help of good old Photoshop I bound to be on a winner!!

I'd rather have my skin flayed off and then be rolled in rock salt.

A clever way of Anglers Mail increasing their sales me thinks. Just imagine having the knowledge of the bait, rig, time, location etc of the captures of this country's biggest barbel (well some of them) and being able to release it to a captive audience on a monthly basis. Whilst the purists will be horrified, there are plenty of fish-chasers out there who would be only to happy to take out a subscription.

Barbel the new Carp:(

SACRILEGE, next barbel anglers will be advocating the usage of bolt/hair-rigs, designer baits like the carp anglers favourite; boilies and probably even naming fish.... :p:D

Sorry to burst your bubble of ignorant bliss Oh-Smart-One but barbel anglers have been stealing carpy innovations for decades now (no moony smiley, so tongue out will have to suffice).:p

Utter b*****s.
Pointless.
Jokers.
Noddies.
Where did it all go wrong.

Just back from russia and that is a mad place[very friendly people]but barbel this barbel that and now barbel champs.........

A clever way of Anglers Mail increasing their sales me thinks. Just imagine having the knowledge of the bait, rig, time, location etc of the captures of this country's biggest barbel (well some of them) and being able to release it to a captive audience on a monthly basis. Whilst the purists will be horrified, there are plenty of fish-chasers out there who would be only to happy to take out a subscription.

From what I have read in the Anglers Mail this is being organised by a chap called Patrick Oliver. As well as running a guiding business and accommodation

http://www.threeriversanglingadventures.co.uk/

Patrick is also the Barbel Society's East Midlands Regional Organiser.

Patrick is quoted as saying,

"We've got a rough format in place but are sorting that out with Steve Pope and sponsors at the moment".

You can make of that what you will.

Some Noddy recently said on another "private" blog that any publicity is good publicity.

This in response to major criticism from their members regarding the paid involvement of their leader in Fishing Smut and the constant commercial associations made to make a personal few quid.

This, if its true re the BS, just moves the boundaries that much further away from their initial ideals.

Shameful

Back