• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Barbel meeting in Oxford.

Hi men ,

depending on dates , and work , Hatter will have a trip into Oxford , and for a Luton Town supporter thats a walk into a wild west saloon :D.

Hatter

Paul just a suggestion, your gig.

Is it an idea to ask Tom Sherwood (fisheries officer for the environment agency in the Oxford area) to attend, he's an angler and has caught Barbel from the Thames, perhaps he can answer any queries in regard to the deterioration of the Thames, Cherwell etc in the area, the upper thames barbel project. Might be useful for him to hear our views. Can pass on his email address

Stewart

Thanks Stuart,
My email address is paul.cooper@noc.nhs.uk
I spoke to John Everard yesterday and he had the same idea! also a lot of information from the EA
regarding otters, crayfish and fish stocks.
As soon as dat is confirmed i will let you all know.
Thanks and tight lines.

Hi Luke,
No firm dates yet, it will probably be on a thursday.
Either early to late September or mid October
Sorry for the delay but i have a carp trip to france mid sept and have been invited to fish
Redmire early oct. As soon as dates confirmed i will post them here.
Tight lines to all.

Hi everyone,
Sorry it has taken me so long to get things organized.
Tom Sherwood from the environment agency emailed me this morning and he is happy to participate. So i will confirm dates with all of the people willing to talk at our get together and put some firm dates to you all on this site. Thanks for your patiece.
Tight lines
Paul.

Lovely draw in the cup mate! If they play like they did against Rovers, they'll probably beat the Hammers too! :)

Oh, and great news about the meeting. Well done Paul.

Yes indeed Paul, well done I cant wait for this now!

And Stu mate it should be a good game, think I'll be making the trip to London to see us win (? :D) Mind you, Bristol were down to their third choice keeper so....

Hi to all barbel fishermen and women.
This meeting is open to everyone who fishes or is interested in Barbel.
I have just returned from a fishing trip to france, so i am trying to catch up with work etc. As soon as date for meeting is finalized i will post it here, should be this week or early next.
Tight lines.
ps had two cats over 90lb and lots of others from 30 to 70lb boy they do pull your string.

Hi all,
Hope the meeting will go ahead in mid Oct.
Best day for the meeting would be a thursday?
How does this work for all of you!
If this is okay i will post details of venue and directions on this site.
Sorry ihave taken so long.
You can email me on p.cooper347@ntlworld.com
It will be good to catch up with all you like minded souls
Tight lines Paul.

Back