• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Barbel weights

As mentioned anyone that has fished for specimen fish for any time, really know just how important accurate weighing is.

When I was oh so much younger I belonged to several groups like the Chub Study Group and The Tench fisher's. Plus local specimen groups. Your fellow members would never let you get away with dodgy weights, and rightly so. It was also down to personal honour, something I rarely see now days.

What is a touch sad, we are all such a cynical lot, even if a 20lb barbel was caught, many would disbelieve it any way? The when you throw in the jealousy factor, don't get me started:eek:

Lol Neil i had tried to get hold of Joe that night, if I'd have had your number you would of got a call too!

Was careful not to give too much a way with the pic, Kev doesnt doesn't want everyone knowing the fish was caught at at at at.....

Chris that is one phone call I missed and will regret it for a very long time .
I wish I could of been there to witness such a big lump

As mentioned anyone that has fished for specimen fish for any time, really know just how important accurate weighing is.

When I was oh so much younger I belonged to several groups like the Chub Study Group and The Tench fisher's. Plus local specimen groups. Your fellow members would never let you get away with dodgy weights, and rightly so. It was also down to personal honour, something I rarely see now days.

What is a touch sad, we are all such a cynical lot, even if a 20lb barbel was caught, many would disbelieve it any way? The when you throw in the jealousy factor, don't get me started:eek:

You rarely see honourable behaviour when, I presume you mean, other anglers are weighing fish? I'm surprised. The vast majority of ill-weighed fish I've come across is more down to negligence than dishonesty. And the number of those experiences is a drop in the ocean compared to the opposite.

Back