• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

British Barbel Angling Championships Canceled

Hi men ,

Tony , agreed , not my cup of tea . BUT I think it could come ?. Say middle Severn , big match with only barbel weighed in ?, could be called barbel championship ?. It could come , someone will look at the original idea and tweek it .

Hatter

Would it have involved weighing each and every fish landed or keep nets?

Not sure it's what most on here would be interested in but matchmen may like it

You may all be glad it’s been cancelled but I’m personally gutted. This was going to be my showcase to demonstrate that my purely logical approach to Barbel fishing was superior to all you chuck it and chance it merchants and now my plans have been foiled……………curses ……………….

You may all be glad it’s been cancelled but I’m personally gutted. This was going to be my showcase to demonstrate that my purely logical approach to Barbel fishing was superior to all you chuck it and chance it merchants and now my plans have been foiled……………curses ……………….

Are you the "Hooded Claw"? Very funny though:D:D:D

Stephen

Hi men,

Richard , although not for me , it will be for some people . Carp angling championships started the same way , but are frequented by some well known anglers who possibly thought it was not for them at the outset .

As I said , A long length of say the Severn , with only barbel weighed in by roving stewards is not that far from the carp championships . To be honest based on the carp setup , booking out a couple of lengths of the BAA stretches over a weekend , just a bit of logistics , and a fair few volunteers would see it possible . For those intersted would be quiet an event , but changing peoples views would take some doing as barbel angling is quiet a solitary pursuit , but then again so is carp fishing .

I took part in the first regional carp match at Horseshoe , more for the social than anything , and was leading with 20 mins to go before some northern monkey caught the biggest fish in the lake :eek::eek::D:D , oh well , dont like matches antway !:D.

Hatter

I bet if there was some money on offer people would be there like a shot. However, not most people's cup of tea...

Farmer Giles

Indeed Tony, it would appear I have become an involuntary blood donor on a daily basis. Really must get them sorted before my children start thinking I have a problem performing the most basic of daily functions.

Nick C

Back