• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

budget carp rods

David Hall

what do you recommend if you have used some, no more than £80 each.
chub outkasts seem to have a good rep.

Another vote for the Greys rods.Unless I am going to start fishing at extreme range I have no need to change them.Good value for money.
Phil.W

Not had one snap so far,I know a few people with Greys rods who have never snapped one.I have however read a few posts on different forums where people have had problems.
I cheerfully chuck out bags with 4oz leads without a second thought.
Phil.W

Another vote for the outkasts here, had mine for about five years now and no problems.

A bit heavy compared to some rods but it's never worried me.

They also seem to hold their price too.

Another vote for the outkasts here, had mine for about five years now and no problems.

A bit heavy compared to some rods but it's never worried me.

They also seem to hold their price too.
and the new 50+ ones are out now.

daiwa black widow 3lb tc, £34.50 each!!!!..my god, can they be any good for that?

cheers chris
i think it's a snooper, just one for pike fishing, try em out, i must admit I'm a little taken with the harrison cerbera

there's some B3/B4 Berkley rods on eBay right now, i love the reel seat on these.

just won 2X Bruce Ashby skorpio 2.75lb rods off eBay for a good price, I'll wait and see what they are like.

Chub-small water 2.25 11ft

Well worth a go-after using 1.75's these still have sensitivity and great for river carping, or flood fishing you can get them for £70 a piece with a bit of haggling.

Cheers DT

Back