• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

cc moore meteor

Lack of brain cells maybe?? It would be like Mainline discontinuing Cell

I don't know the bait market that well, but these are predominantly carp baits aren't they that some of us barbel anglers have found effective in the rivers? However, I am guessing that carp anglers represent a larger market for tackle and bait companies and in a hugely competitive space with a large number of suppliers, baits for carp need to perform very well to warrant their place on the shelf. It may just be that purchases by barbel anglers don't really make up for poor sales to carp anglers.

Hi men,

Yes Howard , in terms of usage for example a kilo of bait would last me ages . By the time I crumbled them , mixed them with pellets , and took a handful out for gluged hook baits no company can retire on me :D. Compare that to a carp day session last week where I had 3 , and used a kilo bag with half a pint of maggots , I'm afraid barbel anglers boillie wise are small fry .

Hatter

it does make sense now i suppose, as above a kilo lasts me ages.

so then, who's got the recepie :confused::rolleyes:

I'm sure I read on here a while ago that Hinders might struggle for Elips next year as the manufacturer was withdrawing from production.

Although Meteor is discontinued it is still available . I spoke with Alan Welch of C C C MOORES and they will produce a minimum mix quantity which equates to 7kg of paste/boilies for £70 delivered directly to your door. I used their boilies and paste for the 1st time this year and have enjoyed great success catching Barbel and chub from 4 different rivers. I had 2 chub on it last night fishing Elipse on the other rod.Alan' s number is 01963362234. Hope this helps

Gutted! I've been tweaking my own version of it for a few years and it's the closet thing I know to a barbel guarantee.

I threw away about 3 kilo of dry mix, meteor liquid, 1kilo of paste, 4 kilos of frozen meteor yesterday because it was prob 18 months old and thought it was time for a fresh restock.

Going to have to dig in the bins and see if I can rescue it tomorrow now if they can't supply the stuff any more.

Fingers crossed.

Just got some of the large ( 10 mm ) Hinders elips for the new season, how do you guys fish them ? 2 glued on a hair ? drilled etc, not used them before, but everyone seems to think there pretty good. :)

Drilled and hair-rigged in pairs for me.
Same here

Just looked at a sealed bag of Hinders elipse that ive had about 4 months and noticed quite a bit of oil as come out of the pellets at the bottom of the bag, whats the best way to stop that.

Last edited:
Just keep them in a cool dark place. I must admit I prefer to glue them on to the hair rig back to back. I find chub can break them off if drilled but that is just my personal opinion.

Hi men,

Turn the pellets and the oil filters back down , this is normal , usually when the pellets have had extra oil sprayed onto them .

Hatter

I've been drilling them for years, I tried gluing them but it's messy/tricky and I honestly can't see any advantage at all. You can drill a few inbetween bites so changing the bait is so quick and easy. Never had chub bite them off either !

Just bog standard super glue Derek.
I find drilling them tends to weaken them but maybe I'm just not very good at it.

Back