• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

cc moore meteor

Glue back to back, place in a bait band tied on a hair, the band sits in the crease of the pellets, very quick to change, stronger than drilling easy change in the dark, and can be made before a session. :cool:

I shall resist the obvious joke Neil....but that is an excellent idea. Well done chap, I shall try that.

Cheers, Dave.

It's a wheeze for us more mature types Dave, no drilling of pellets and fingers no faffing around with hair stops in the dark, and when we are bagging up match style the 'down' time is at a minimum.

Just remember to prep a few before, super glued fingers can ruin a session :)

Wouldn't have thought the bait band method would last long if you had crayfish to content with though?

Stuart wrote:
I find drilling them tends to weaken them but maybe I'm just not very good at it.

I never drill all the way through in one go. After every few twists, clean the grooves in the drill and any bits in the hole in the pellet. This produces a cleaner hole and puts less pressure on the pellet.

I've always been paranoid about the chemical smell from superglue. Even though I've caught using the method I now do this.

With a length of fluorocarbon I create a loop using a figure of eight knot, threading on beforehand one or two bait band's. Using a knot less knot I form my hair length and at the other end I use a palomar knot with a swivel. I feed the pellet(s) into the band (s) making a groove with a bait drill if it's a strong flow. Hey presto it's what I call the keyring rig. I've used as many as 4 bait bands before.

Cut your boilies in half and also superglue them. Especially good for small sizes or if you want to reshape them with a knife.

Also try glueing 3ml back to back making 2 or more baits in a line on the hair.

Catches the fish preoccupied and feeding on the particles and mini pellets used as feed and ignoring the larger baits.
Graham

Last edited:
I was able to get some meteor off cc Moore this week.

You have to order 5kg in one go but that's no problem for me, it keeps 18 months if stored correctly.

Cheers

gone back to source anyway,

i can get 5kg packs for 40 quid and pick up from local shop as he's a dynamite stockist

I think the discontinuation of the bait has more to do with the change in EU regulations which has made it difficult to get hold of meat meal for bait making as there is now a clear divide between animal feeds and food stuff suitable for human consumption.

Back