• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

chair carrier

Simon Georgiou

apologies if this has already been talked about? or even if its been done, but...
is there such a thing as a decent Velcro on handle?
im thinking along the lines of something to make it easier to lug a chair and solid frame landing net, though maybe a decent padded handle like found on other bits of fishing gear which had Velcro to attached it which would wrap around the chair legs to keep it together and also the landing net to hold it to the chair
thinking along the lines of travelling light:D (that will be the day!)
so lugging a chair bag is just extra weight that wouldn't be necessary..extra oz here, half pound there and before you know it out comes the fishing trolley:rolleyes:

Simon if there's not a solution to your dilemma get creative search eBay for some options they might not even be fishing related.

Or make something yourself I have in the past modified bits to suit my needs.

sticky backed plastic,

bungee cord from poundland one of them with them mountaineering bits on the end, a foot of pipe lagging ,sticky tape,job done ,:rolleyes:

This is what works very well for me. Not suited to all chairs, but have done the modification on my JRCs.
Pull out the plastic end plugs on the rear of the fram and replace with wooden dowels. Fix these in with epoxy or by cross drilling or both. Get some eyelets and screw them in. Use a strap with quick release clips - the Korum bag one is shown.
Jobs a good'un.

chairmod.jpg

Bob

yeah i had thought of making something up but just wondered if anything was out there already
the mutil strap looks something like what im after but at that price id rather buy a little roving rod holder for £20 and cut 3 handles off:p..not that im tight but would feel the extra outlay meant I was getting better value for money:D
will investigate a second hand rod holder or the likes ;)

I use an old Wychwood or my newer Daiwa Infinity rucksack
- they have long adjustable straps that allow me to strap the chair (and unhooking mat) on the back of the rucksack.
You could do the same with less well thought out rucksacks using adjustable luggage straps.
The weight is on your back not one shoulder and the chair does not bang against the rod sling.

I'm with Darryl, mine straps nicely to the back of my rucksack with adjustable straps.

found the perfect thing for me..

Ron Thompson seatbox carry strap
the padded bit is shaped like a crescent so fits nicely across the body and the straps at the end of the main strap where it is supposed to clip onto the seatbox wrap around themselves nicely and secure the chair legs etc
got it on fleabay for £1.50 new :cool:

I had a spare shoulder strap laying around (no idea where it came from) and I fitted it to the frame of the chair using the dog lead clips and some para' cord loops. Between the chair back and seat I put the unhooking mat (aka dog bed) and latex mesh landing net head. Once the seat back is locked in the closed position everything is secure and can be slung over the shoulder. When I unfold the chair and set it up the strap tucks in under the front cushion. Simple.

As Dave reccommended, try a chair or bedchair bag, you will probably get all your tackle in it too if your travelling fairly light including your l/net

tried the straps and was ok but found the chair would snag on bushes when the pathway was restricted..sorry sounds like im a moaner:D also at the end of the day the velcro straps to hold the chair together always seem to be hiding in another bit of kit so ended up with the legs opening all the time with the trip back to the van
so found bed chair bags that were of a small size and just fits the chair.. wouldn't expect it to actually fit a bed char:rolleyes:
made by shakespeare and also light construction

Shakespeare CARP CHAIR, CARRY BAG. (Product 9975.021) NOW £11.99 | eBay

But after you catch the first fish it's smelly trousers time and seat cover needed on the car seat even if you turn it over no?

Last edited:
Back