• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Cheap shelter on Dragon Carp

Re. Dragoncarp. When was the last fishing show held at the NEC ? I bought a keepnet from the dragon stall for £10. Its still in perfect nick. :) Granted, it hasn,t had that many fish in it, but its always been in the water ready just in case. And i,m talking lakes not rivers, unless im fishing for silvers. :)

Re. Dragoncarp. When was the last fishing show held at the NEC ? I bought a keepnet from the dragon stall for £10. Its still in perfect nick. :) Granted, it hasn,t had that many fish in it, but its always been in the water ready just in case. And i,m talking lakes not rivers, unless im fishing for silvers. :)

It will be in good nick mate, your never out:p:confused: your always working:D:D

Anyway mate, good luck for the new season, may your largest landing net prove far too small;)
That's an old saying from Yatesy;)

Paul, hopefully, this season will be different, after 28 years, i,m now single again :D and i can do as i like. :) Defo have a meet up ( when your not on the posh side ) if thats ok. :)

I,ve just ordered a " Black Zero Stalking Chair " from them, i,ll give you my first impressions when it arrives. :)

Carp Kinetics Black Zero Stalking Chair - Dragon Carp Direct

Chair arrived yesterday. Not bad for the money, it looks quite well made, just weighed it with a set of ruben,s 3.6kg, the padding on the back is nice and thick, but the back isn,t high enough to rest your head. The chair is quite low, so not good if you have problems standing up. The built in carrying handle is a nice touch. :) Ideal for anyone who likes to move from swim to swim.

Clive, did you get the shelter ?

Last edited:
Sorry to resurrect an old thread.... but I just stumbled across this whilst trying to remember what the name of my now 9 year old, cheap as chips day shelter is. It's had a rough repair after a falling branch poked through it in a named storm a few seasons ago but other than that it's been faithful, light compact and waterproof. I've done more nights in this than any of my 'proper' bivvies.

So basically back here nearly a decade later to prove a point, that just cos something's cheap, doesn't mean it's crap! Do I win Paul? ;)

Happy Friday from the banks of the Lower Severn....

IMG_20231006_215332.jpg

Last edited:
WOW, BLIMEY MIKE, thats what you call a throw back to the old times. Is Dragon Carp actually still going ? The cheapo chair i got from them ( maybe 15 plus years ago ) is still going fine, was used by my bro at the recent fish-in.

WOW, BLIMEY MIKE, thats what you call a throw back to the old times. Is Dragon Carp actually still going ? The cheapo chair i got from them ( maybe 15 plus years ago ) is still going fine, was used by my bro at the recent fish-in.
Believe Roger Surgay sold the brand to Angling Direct a similar period of time ago way back when elips were still flat ;)

Believe Roger Surgay sold the brand to Angling Direct a similar period of time ago way back when elips were still flat ;)
Having picked up on this thread just now I went onto the Sports Direct site and couldn't believe how cheap some of the fishing gear is....although not heard of some of the makes! Sports Direct have just re-furbished a huge House of Fraser store here in Norwich so next time I'm in the city I think I'll have a look around and maybe buy their "cheap as chips" day shelter. Watch out for a post in 10 years time saying its still going strong 🤣

Back