• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Combi query?

Richard Barrett

Two points about the combi. Is it worth having the braided section a little longer, like 3''. And I'm thinking you could use a swivel to join the two lines, and then shrink tube over the top? Just random thoughts while it's raining outside?

My combi is about 2 inches to 1.5 inches long. The Mechanics of the rig say this long and any longer, the rig imo becomes a snag risk. In this I mean that if a fish is hooked and then subsequently snagged the braided combi has a higher chance of coming into contact with the rocks snag etc resulting in a breakage: less chance on the mono/fluoro length. I also use the Albright or different version of it. A back to back grinner is good too on mono but not fluoro. Top tip a weight on the knot: ie a blob of tungsten putty or some tungsten tubing aids the hooking qualities. Just my thoughts.

Hi men.

If your looking for a stiff boom to braid combi then you could use the Korda boom crimped , and loop to loop the braided section to what ever length you want .

Hatter

Back