• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Crimping nylon booms

Alan Palmer

Senior Member & Supporter
Does anyone have any experience of crimping thick nylon like amnesia etc for making stiff booms/rigs for carp fishing? Can’t seem to get my head around it being secure….but it does look very neat! Anyone have any experience? And what crimps/tool do you use?

I've crimped 25lb Amneisa with the Korda 06 crimps. As long as you crimp them properly (I didn't first time) they are quite secure, and as you say, very neat. The 06 crimps are a very snug fit.

Have you looked at the Gemini booms, Alan. Now they are very neat.

How do you twizzle nylon that thick Terry? That’s a new one on me, I do it with finer line when feeder fishing but can’t get my head around doing it with thick nylon

How do you twizzle nylon that thick Terry? That’s a new one on me, I do it with finer line when feeder fishing but can’t get my head around doing it with thick nylon
Same as with thinner line ...by just twisting each end of the line (between thumb and index finger) in opposite directions, then tying it off @Alan Palmer

Yep I’ve used them in the past on carp rigs, although not something I use anymore. I used 0.6 mm Korda Krimps on a 25lb fluorocarbon boom. Crimping tool was one I’ve got for wire traces works no problem.
IMG_0680.jpeg

IMG_0682.jpeg

Double crimps work fine on mono that is thick enough to fit (just) the double crimp.

If you dont fancy it just buy the Gemini links mentioned above - now available in many different configurations. They are superb.

Back