• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

crucians

Rhys Perry

Ok, I've a feeling this is going to be a longshot sadly, but is there any pools, day ticket or club, around the midlands which contain crucian carp and only crucian carp? Obviously I'm not including other fish in that, but I can't find anywhere that doesn't hold bloody king carp!
I've fished and caught a few at Wellfield pools near kinlet but was a bit of a dog hole to be honest, and once again was also full of king carp.
It's sad really, they're almost a forgotten species.

Fishpools Farm in Frankton, Warwickshire, to the best of my knowledge, only holds crucians.

Thanks Nigel, bit far to join as a syndicate, would be nice to visit on a day ticket, looks a lovely place, wish more people would do this!

not much of a help I know, but one of my syndicate lakes has a small pool (about an acre) with some smashing crucian's in it....
Its not just a crucian water, as it also has Perch to 4, Bream and Roach, but at least you can actually target them without the worry of king carp getting in on the action.....

Sadly its dead man's shoes....

hi

wallpool at gawsworth hall used to be full of crucians

when i fished it about 8/9 years ago - you couldnt go wrong fishing close in - i once had 147 of them in a day

there are also other carp in there as well as chub and usual other species

kev

Himley hall used to have a lot of crucians,in fact I think mat hayes fished there for them on one of his programmes,not sure these days what is caught from there,not been for years.

Back