• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Dynamite Baits Boilie Chops

Sam Lloyd

No sure how aware you guys are, but dynamite baits are doing 2kg packs of chopped up boilies for £7! They are doing then as sweet and fishmeal mixtures. They look ideal for prebaiting/loose feed? They work out a third of the normal cost of their boilies. I've picked up a few bags to try out for other stuff over the closed season. Here is the link....

Boilie Chops | Dynamite Baits

Nick,

When pre-baiting do you introduce all your bait with a dropper/spomb, a catapult or a good old fashioned flick of the wrist? Does this change depending on the size of river you are pre-baiting?

When you pre-bait in the closed season would i be right in guessing you tend to pre-bait a larger area over a few weeks, so as to attract the fish into a certain area of a stretch or do you tend to pre-bait a single swim/snag continually ( as you would pre-bait a swim the night before a session in the season)?

Hi Ben,

I only bait the Severn really. Smaller clearer rivers ive tended to stick with solid pva bags.
For the Severn that I am syndicated on its only a very short area perhaps 150m if that. There's only 3 real swims so I tend to start at the top and bait the heaviest, decreasing as I move down river. Ive welded up my own baitdropper which will take a kilo if you can lump it in on a handline. But age is upon me so its generally half filled and twice the work. Hope that helps.

Bit like you used to be able to buy broken biscuits and mis-shaped liquorice allsorts but agree its a good way of introducing some freebies. Will see if my local shop has them.

I think I'd rather go with a full boilie for prebaiting. The dynamite chops look 'too chopped' to be of great prebaiting value IMO

Full boilies, are available for £4.75/kg delivered

OverRuns - Eclipse Baits

Last edited:
I made my own two years in a row with a certain base mix. Dynamites are clever sending there bin ends to market.

I think most Carp anglers would prefer to grind/chop up a few of their baits for any PVA bag or stick mix wouldn't they? Same if you were spodding out. Strikes me as a good idea for Dynamite to shift some waste, but unlikely to take off long term. Quite simply, why have yet another bag of baits to cart to the lake ?

Then again :rolleyes:

Another thought on prebait - You'll save on cost by making your own, and really save on time by not making little spheres. Just roll the mix out on the table, cut to chunks with a knife and boil. The fish won't care what shape it is and it's more likely to stay put in a river this way.

Last edited:
Yes, I did get that Nick. It was a general statement and not directed specifically at you.

Last edited:
Back