• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

ESP Raptor hooks

Steve Double

Being discontinued, accordingly to the guys at Yateley Angling Centre, which has sent me into a mild panic. I know there are plenty of options out there, but they are pretty much the only barbel hooks I've ever used.

I was told ESP were just changing the card sleeve that comes with the hooks. To bring them inline to their new colour design

The new Grippers are a great hook and stay very sharp.

As do the ever reliable (and available from BFW shop) Pallatrax hooks. These hooks cannot be beaten, IMO.

That's a shame as they are great hooks. I have used the T6 hooks for a while, and have tried the newer Cryogen Gripper hooks which are perfect for lobworms.

I used to fish with them but seemed difficult to source so I looked around and now use the Pallatrax the Hook (Barbel) which comes from a reliable supplier "BFW shop". I rate them just as well as the Raptor so wholeheartedly agreeing with Ash. and incidentally the purchase goes some way to supporting the running of this web site.

Back