• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Excepted waiting time Prince Albert ticket

2 to 3 years, should add that I'm no longer a member. Don't expect much information from existing members, as, you are sworn to secrecy about divulging information to none members at the new members meeting in Macclesfield. Attendance of which is compulsory!.

Wow that’s a long wait have to join few other waters I think wile waiting can you recommend any to me just starting to take river fishing than I normally did I was serious match angler but love being out on the rivers
Thanks

2 to 3 years, should add that I'm no longer a member. Don't expect much information from existing members, as, you are sworn to secrecy about divulging information to none members at the new members meeting in Macclesfield. Attendance of which is compulsory!.

Plus you learn the secret hand-shake and get the private body piercing which is still obligatory although the secret is out and it has been widely copied for well over a century, even by royalty. Means you always have a handy spare running ring for your rigs too.

Last edited:
About 25 years ago a mate Graham , met an angler in a tackle shop in Worcester,he helped him out and explained his Barbel methods.The man turned out to be high up in the club but Graham did not know this at the time . After a few phone calls for further help, the man asked for his address in Radlett and shortly after a Prince Albert permit arrived in the post, Free of charge. At the time one of the most sought after permits

I received an invitation to join after about 18 months I think, which was about 2 years ago. I didn’t join because o didn’t think I’d get enough use out of it.

If you're looking to fish the Severn then Lymm ticket has some good water and no waiting list, ditto Warrington.

It’s not what you know but who know isn’t it some people probably get them over night cos they know the right person

I know for a FACT, this isn't true. EVERYONE has to wait their turn, regardless of who they are.

As others have said above, the wait is about 18 months.

Paul, where are you based, and what rivers do you intend fishing ?

If you're looking to fish the Severn then Lymm ticket has some good water and no waiting list, ditto Warrington.
I fish Severn a few time I have a ticket for a stretch called toms farm which fishes well when go up there will look into the Lymm ticket definitely gunner try get about this
season to new stretches Thank Steve .
Regards Paul

I know for a FACT, this isn't true. EVERYONE has to wait their turn, regardless of who they are.

As others have said above, the wait is about 18 months.

Paul, where are you based, and what rivers do you intend fishing ?
Hi derek
Am based Merseyside don’t mind traveling to river Say 100 mile away but for my midweek fishing I would like to fish Ribble it’s not to far for short sessions fished trickle trout few time gets busy there tho would like to try few more stretches had I good walk other day but it was all Prince Albert the side I walked after speaking to a angler on the bank
Was wondering if the church deeps stretch was at good for barbel
Regards Paul

There's some rubbish on this thread:

- There is no longer a publicity ban, so info can be shared.
- I do agree that the waiting list is around 18 months
- Re who you know, the club did have a scandal of back handers for cards etc, but this was over 30 years ago and it was dealt with. The current long standing membership sec, is straighter than straight!

Also a number of us, including myself and Steve, run annual working parties, to keep PAAS lengths of the Severn open.

Join the waiting list and get a Lymm card in between is good advice

Back