• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fishing advice for friends birthday

Luke Day

Hi fellow barbellers

In two weeks time it is my best mates birthday and myself and two other good friends want to take him barbel fishing for his birthday we have all been keen barbel fishermen for quite a few years and have predominantly fished the great Ouse in Bedfordshire. However due to its decline over the past few years I think we would be lucky to have a fish between us, also it would be nice to have a change. So my question is could anyone give me some advise on where we could go and do a weekends barbelling on ticket or free stretch where we might get a couple of fish in a nice part of the country we don't mind travelling I have been thinking possibly the seven or the Trent but wouldn't no where to start to be honest.

Thanks in advance any help or advice is much appreciated pm me if preferred

Cheers luke

I think the Wye is probably your best bet Luke, check out the Wye thread, plenty of day ticket stretches and one of the few rivers not in serious decline.

both good options but would have to vote for the Wye if pushed. Luke plenty of day ticket options around Hereford and also check the WUF website, their venues more expensive but generally good access, can often take the car to the waters edge.

Back