• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fishing Gurus on Sky T.V.

Roger Carswell

Did anybody see the recent episode of Fishing Gurus on TV? Dean Macey and Steve Ringer were fishing for barbel on the Wye with each angler alternating in the use of a rod. When feeder fishing, they sat several feet away from the rod and on two occasions when a bite occurred they only just managed to grab the rod before it almost got dragged into the river. In my opinion this was a very poor example to set for novice barbel anglers. When fishing, they should have been holding the rod or using free-spool reels with the rod butts properly secured. I’ve witnessed several rods being pulled in over the years through this kind of negligence – the barbel left towing the tackle like a ball and chain wouldn’t have been too impressed either!:(

Last edited:
not seen it yet but dean macey is a good angler and about 7ft 10" tall.

Whooop Whooooop.......

I feel sorry for all the anglers out their who would love to break into TV, what chance have they got when all these washed up sports and TV stars are snapping up all the best jobs.

If anyone does want to break into TV I would suggest they do a drama course and get a degree in performing arts and then find a good agent, or go and win a few gold medals or a few international sporting caps and keep the angling as a hobby to fall back on later.

I feel sorry for all the anglers out their who would love to break into TV, what chance have they got when all these washed up sports and TV stars are snapping up all the best jobs.

If anyone does want to break into TV I would suggest they do a drama course and get a degree in performing arts and then find a good agent, or go and win a few gold medals or a few international sporting caps and keep the angling as a hobby to fall back on later.
Tv,films and the arts, having worked in that sector for a little while, it's all about who you know.

Drama course? :eek:

This place would be a real hot bed for new talent.:)

Slightly well no totally off topic,does anyone know which stretch of the wye it is Peter drennan fishes on the drennans fishing barbel on the wye 3 part video on YouTube?

Back