• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Floats

Andrew,
I've been using various types of Bolo float for most of my river fishing for many years now. However, I'm fishing shallow, fast (steeply sloping) Dales rivers, largely for grayling. In faster water, I'm quite happy with the more bulbous models. DH No.3 Bolo is my usual. However, in slower paced swims, I prefer slimmer bodied floats. My go to float capacity is 4g.

My biggest annoyance is that with most brands, as the bodies get slimmer, so do the sight tips. My preference would be for slimmer bodied floats with the same 4mm (dia) nylon bristle of the DH No.3 Bolo. Ultimate finesse is not really a requirement of grayling fishing in fast water, good visibility certainly is.

Look out for a PM.

Chris

14-15ft deep in the summer, and I prefer to use a slider float than a long rod. But unfortunately, I don't see any 8G+ slider float on the market.
I see, it would work but in my experience a bigger float such as the 8gr you mention and bigger eyes so the line slides easier is the way to go

Lovely looking floats Andrew.
I've always preferred a black/matt black tip in most conditions,I find them much easier on my eyes.
Pm if you can do some bud.

Lovely looking floats Andrew.
I've always preferred a black/matt black tip in most conditions,I find them much easier on my eyes.
Pm if you can do some bud.
I have been trying to source some black tips but need to buy 10000 as they would be special order. How many do you want? 😂 As the tips are interchangeable it would be easy for you to paint a few spares as I supply spares with the floats. I’d use black acrylic. Hope this helps

could you do them in 3g :)

Just received my order of floats. They look brilliant and I can't wait to try them. Trent is a little high and cold at the moment.
Thanks Andrew. 🙂

Back