• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Flying Radios....

Duck Soup.

A couple of years ago I was feeding a pair of very greedy ducks some bread , they scrambled up the river bank and started to mooch around looking for titbits, at this time a passer by on the bank above me started a conversation , usual thing " Caught anything mate ", I turned around looking up the bank at him, we passed a couple of minutes in conversation, when he said, " Those ducks are trying to get into your rucksac "
The bag was on the bank about 3 feet to my left, I replied, " They are after some more titbits, and laughed it off, then I heard a scuffling noise, and the passer by said, Now your bag is in the river.. I turned to see my rucker floating upright, downstream, about 4 feet out.
I grabbed my landing net, and said, good job its upright, my camera is in there, I reached forward to net it out,as I did so it upended and a duck scrambled out and swam away, the bag contents spilled out ,as it did so I managed to get the net underneath, but not before everything tipped out into the net, which obviously was under the bag.

Result..... a lot of wet gear, and x1 water damaged SLR digital. It was wet through, and wouldnt work again, I managed to get a report and a quote for an insurance claim, the explanation on the claim form was never questioned, but I bet it caused a few smiles.

Now my camera is always kept in a waterproof plastic food container, just in case. :rolleyes:

David

Back