• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fox Royale 11ft 1.75

Jon Bedford

Wanting an 11footer for smaller rivers. Must have double legged eyes throughout.

Does anyone have this rod and can confirm it has double legged eyes, and if you'd recommend it.

Any other recommendations? 11 footers seem to come in very cheap or probably out of my price range (peregrine gti ect), bar this?

Regards
Jon

Wanting an 11footer for smaller rivers. Must have double legged eyes throughout.

Does anyone have this rod and can confirm it has double legged eyes, and if you'd recommend it.

Any other recommendations? 11 footers seem to come in very cheap or probably out of my price range (peregrine gti ect), bar this?

Regards
Jon
I was lucky in picking up a 11' mint Torrix for £60, it was described as a Dove rod, it has single leg guides however...but the action is brilliant, just what you need for lighter fishing I would think. I get the robustness of double legs, but then I don't use mine for hacking down Blasam:)

Pretty sure the guides on the Fox top section are single legs.

I just missed out on a peregrine gti on ebay that went for around 80, suppose I'll hang around for a bit and see if any deals come along.

And if not go have a look at the fox rod in a shop.

Ta
Jon

Rod

Hi Jon,

I have the Fox Duo Lite 11' and it has double legged rings throughout.

It has much more backbone than the Harrison rods so no sure if that's a positive or negative for you. Feel free to come around and try it if you like.

Dave

I kind of dismissed the duo light Dave. Thought it might be a bit beefy with it being a twin tip with the other tip being 2.25 test, but may well have a look at it.

Its for Nidd/Dearne mainly. Using a twelve foot Greys xflite with either quiver or 1.5 tip in, fine powerwise for the dearne, need a bit more umpth on the Nidd despite most dearne barbel being on average twice the size of there Nidd cousins! Close season inspection has found eyes close to falling off on both the tips, hence the want for double legged eyes.

Cheers
Jon

Most Wychwood rods have double legged rings. They do a solace at 11' 1.25 tc I think.

The pictures i've seen show double legged rings throughout on the royale 11 ft.. why not give tackle fanatics a call, they are doing the 11 ft for £49.99 plus £4.99 postage they should tell you to confirm either way.. i've had the royale 12 ft 2.25 and it was fine, can't remember if it was double legged throughout though..

I kind of dismissed the duo light Dave. Thought it might be a bit beefy with it being a twin tip with the other tip being 2.25 test, but may well have a look at it.

Its for Nidd/Dearne mainly. Using a twelve foot Greys xflite with either quiver or 1.5 tip in, fine powerwise for the dearne, need a bit more umpth on the Nidd despite most dearne barbel being on average twice the size of there Nidd cousins! Close season inspection has found eyes close to falling off on both the tips, hence the want for double legged eyes.

Cheers
Jon

I use mine on the Nidd and think it's ideal. Again, it's probably down to preference.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks Clive, but think it may be a little light in action at 1.25. It'll be used for stopping barbel in Snaggy swims. Probably worth a look though, will check if out.

I'm pretty sure now it is double legged eyed, 55quid delivered looks good. Think I'll find a shop that sells both the royals and duo lite and have a look at both rods.

Cheers
Jon

I had a play with a 11 foot fox Royal and it felt lovely in fact I liked it that much I almost sold my 11 foot freespirit barbel seekers to get them but then the thought of having to sell them etc I decided to keep them instead. Can't remember if the fox had double leg guides though.

Back