• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Free Spirit float rods

Asked this question a few days ago but didn’t really get an answer…… why can’t Harrison seem to make a decent float rod some will say the GTI but the weight let’s them down imo

13' only 15g heavier than a 13' Acolyte Plus . . .tempting!
You should definitely go try one out as It’s nothing like an acolyte.

I was also with Terry when we had the guys at benwicks pulling all the rods out.
These things are very specialized tools.

I’ve got the original version in 15ft and it’s a lovely rod but I’d only ever get it out if double figured barbel are the target of the day.

Asked this question a few days ago but didn’t really get an answer…… why can’t Harrison seem to make a decent float rod some will say the GTI but the weight let’s them down imo
The GTI is as old as the hills.
Harrison did do the range for mark Tunley in dark carbon. That was a power float rod only mind and I’ve no clue what it’s like.

The reason they haven’t changed the GTI is obvious. They probably sell Less than 10 GTI float blanks a year. 🤷🏻. It’s not really Harrison’s thing and probably not worth the development work to bring the GTI blank into the ring as a contender.

Back