• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

head torch

Can,t understand why people pay £30/£40 for petzl,s, when there are much cheaper lights that do the job just as good, if not better. :rolleyes:

Derek,
As I'm the only one that mentioned Petzls, and you so kindly deigned to use the sarcastic emoticon on me. Do yourself a favour and actually follow the hyperlink. Then you might find that, rather than the £30/40 you erroneously assume, the Petzl concerned is a whole £13.05. :rolleyes::p Besides, regardless of what you think, I'm sticking to my Petzls that definitely last, don't eat batteries, don't burst into flames and aren't bright enough to annoy anglers in another county.

I did'nt pay no £30 or £40 Thats for sure.....

Chris/John the sarcastic emotion WAS NOT AIMED AT EITHER OF YOU. And Chris, lots of others have mentioned them too,
not just on this thread, but older ones.

Once upon a time, you couldn,t of bought a petzl for less than 30 quid, thats all i was getting at.

You can pick up one under £20 now me old Mate....:)

Chris/John the sarcastic emotion WAS NOT AIMED AT EITHER OF YOU. And Chris, lots of others have mentioned them too,
not just on this thread, but older ones.

Once upon a time, you couldn,t of bought a petzl for less than 30 quid, thats all i was getting at.

And Derek they last a lot longer than the cheaper ones you can buy, in my expierience anyway. Only saying tho;) each to their own and all that lot;):D

I only use the very bright CREE for walking across dark fields. For baiting up, i,m still using the £3.99 led cap from Aldi, superb, can,t recommend them enough. :)

Andrew i use a samalite now purely for reliability and power, you wont get better mate:)
Derek, i have had a couple of petzls for around 17 years or more, ben soaked, been in the water too, still going strong mate and certainly value for money, one of em a real lightweight with really thin headband which curls away to notheing, i think one cost me close to £30 and the other definately over £20 but these werethe really early compact headlamps mate:)

I only use the very bright CREE for walking across dark fields. For baiting up, i,m still using the £3.99 led cap from Aldi, superb, can,t recommend them enough. :)

I bought a couple of the caps. Excellent as you say for baiting up etc. awaiting delivery of the Alpkit. Not to expensive if it's not quite what I want.

Another vote for petzl I gave a few including the Petzl Nao, mate has just brought a LED LENSER H14, unbelievable piece of kit!

I received the Alpkit this morning delivered to work. Great service. Certainly won't easily loose it. Seems good value for money, very impressed so far. :)

I do a lot of night fishing start April up to end of November. I have the cheaper head touch and they don't last me 5 mins and some are like having a house brick on your head . So I paid over £30 for one petzl I see how this lasts

Back