• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Hi to all!

Julian Peacock

Hi, im a newbie member today and would just like to say hello to everyone.

HELLO EVERYONE:)

Not done a great deal of barbel fishing but i find the bearded bruiser a superb looking fish and i enjoy watching them as much as i do catching them.........

........almost!

Come on in Julian the company is just fine:)

welcome mate some cracking lads on here so if u need any help just ask, i,m sure they wont mind helping
cheers
jerry

Welcome Julian.

No going back now. :eek:

You're within the circle of trust. :D

Kind regards

Mike

Hi Julian,
Welcome,hope you enjoy BFW as much as I have done.No questions too minor,and someone here is bound to have the answer.

Regards
Pete:)

Cheers everyone! I have already found from my first thread that most people can write properly on here which is brilliant, plus it is a refreshing change from some of the rubbish i have seen elsewhere on other angling forums.:)

no txt speak here. but please be aware some lads can be brutally honest. which at the end of the day is what we all want.
enjoy your time here julian. its a very good place to be.

no txt speak here. but please be aware some lads can be brutally honest. which at the end of the day is what we all want.
enjoy your time here julian. its a very good place to be.

Hi Julian, Neil is quite correct, no txt speak here, although, some will put the Boote in. Enjoy the forum, loads of very useful information.

Steve

Hello Julian,
Anything I can do to help, just ask.

Maybe you can give us a heads up on your barbel fishing so far.

Dont worry if you haven't had a twenty yet, neither have most of us!

Best wishes,

Jeff

Hi Julian
Where you from? I am stuck away in Rural Mid Sussex, with little more than a portly bearded gent for company. Always on the look out for some one close.
Shaun

Hello Julian,
Anything I can do to help, just ask.

Maybe you can give us a heads up on your barbel fishing so far.

Dont worry if you haven't had a twenty yet, neither have most of us!

Best wishes,

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I am a fairly experienced angler and I have been chasing the bearded one since the start of this season with it feeling like an eternity before i caught my first one! I haven't had a great number of barbel but have enjoyed the different style of fishing immensely and have stuck to doing my own thing. The anticipation of barbel bites IMO is unrivalled and such a great species to observe (when possible), too. I have found though that i would like to catch the bigger ones if at all possible - like everyone else!

Cheers
Jules

Hi Julian
Where you from? I am stuck away in Rural Mid Sussex, with little more than a portly bearded gent for company. Always on the look out for some one close.
Shaun

:eek:

Im sure you will find someone close. Why not get the 'goat' to go with you!:)

Back