• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Hook Bait Company

Me and a mate considered starting a bait company 15+ years ago. We brought a load of rolling tablets and different ingredients to make baits to test out but without an air powered gun it was a mission to roll any kind of amount and we were too poor to get a setup capable of making big quantities so sacked it off. I’d be interested in rolling some if we came up with a forum mix that we all tested out on our different rivers though

I've also had some difficulty getting my bait delivered - been promised Monday / Tuesday so fingers crossed!

The lads who fished the Ribble a few years back, had their own secret blend which worked very well. If i remember rightly, it was called ( Location bait ). I,m sure Gaz Wagstaff remembers it very well.

I've had online purchase issues before, but he gets straight back to you once you've emailed them.
I had a reply from him fairly recently, apologising for the 30 minutes or so it had taken him to get back to me. On a Sunday morning! It doesn’t necessarily mean your order arrives any quicker, but it does make you feel a bit better about the situation.

I've had problems with the hook bait company twice over the past few months so I've decided I'll not order from them again
I'm waiting on an order, apparently it was going to be with me on Thursday, it's now Saturday. Got told it's coming with Evri, they think 🤷‍♂️ As soon as they said that i knew it was BS as Evri let you know they've collected or expecting etc etc

I'm waiting on an order, apparently it was going to be with me on Thursday, it's now Saturday. Got told it's coming with Evri, they think 🤷‍♂️ As soon as they said that i knew it was BS as Evri let you know they've collected or expecting etc etc
Such a shame!
Do you guys beleive he's being let down by his courier service(s)?

It seems a bit of a common theme this non delivery of baits unfortunately. And it is a shame, because his baits are really good. Darren has been extremely helpful to me in the past with my bait tweaks etc, but I tend to email through my orders before committing to a purchase now, in the hope I don't experience what I have done in the past.

His products are brilliant though... 👍

Such a shame!
Do you guys beleive he's being let down by his courier service(s)?

It seems a bit of a common theme this non delivery of baits unfortunately. And it is a shame, because his baits are really good. Darren has been extremely helpful to me in the past with my bait tweaks etc, but I tend to email through my orders before committing to a purchase now, in the hope I don't experience what I have done in the past.

His products are brilliant though... 👍

I had a similar thing earlier in the year, think it was 3 weeks before I got the order. I spoke to Darren on the phone and he was really nice and did get it sorted, it wasn't anything to do with the courier service though. It just hadn't gone out.

I've ordered off hook bait company in the past and where spot on,but I recommended them on a couple of sites recently and was getting messages saying they wasn't getting there bait?

They're a bit hit and miss, in my opinion. Darren's a lovely guy and I've met him a few times over the years. If it's a good day you'll get your bait on time, if not you won't. Not ideal I know but if you love the bait I guess you'll put up with it.

Iv found lead times for orders have usually been 2-3 weeks, Darren has often dropped me an email after ordering to advise a rough time scale. His products are great if you’re happy to wait for them.

Back