• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

If you could only use one bait

I think mussels look like slugs and chub smash freelined slugs with bites like you would not believe.When i was young i watched Charlie landells on the Avon at Britford extracting chub from every swim he freelined slug through.When i returned to the colne we plundered chub for years using the same method. Lobworms are great in the winter in clear cold conditions,sometimes a bonus Perch or chub or pike you might not have caught on another bait can make your day.

Bit undecided on this one,...after walking miles, getting burnt to a crisp and blanking the other day, I returned home to find my wife feeding the chub at the bottom of the garden on sausage rolls,..they were going bonkers over them!
So plenty of wind ups there of course,..and no tea!:eek::rolleyes:

Bit undecided on this one,...after walking miles, getting burnt to a crisp and blanking the other day, I returned home to find my wife feeding the chub at the bottom of the garden on sausage rolls,..they were going bonkers over them!
So plenty of wind ups there of course,..and no tea!:eek::rolleyes:

That does it Dave, if you have chub big enough to swallow sausage rolls at the end of your garden, then I am coming to live in your spare room :D

Cheers, Dave.

Of course I'm gonna say Elips pellets- every time!

They account for about 80% or so of my season's total each year, despite fishing a second rod with alternative baits at all times. And when I've struggled (particularly so over these past few weeks!) my regular Elips rod has scraped out the odd fish or so when I would otherwise have blanked.

Results so far...17 trips (with 16 on Tidal/Middle Trent) producing just 14 barbel (although 4 were doubles to 13.4) and all bar one (taken on maggot) went for Elips! There were also, inevitably, 8 blanks.

Fortunately, I managed to stockpile quite few (Sonu) Elips prior to their withdrawal a while ago.

Roger

Back