• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Is anyone having problems with BFW pages loading?

Running fine now with Virgin Media.

Loading speeds as normal this morning. Have not had the problems that others were experiencing either.

On firefox and was having a real problem loading BFW. Did a sweep and found something called surftastic, didnt know what it was so removed it, been perfect ever since removal. Dont know if it was just coincidence.

Im on BT and have no performance issues. However since recently updating my IPAD2 ios it now doesnt remember my login so every time I visit BFW I have to login - anyone else seen this ?

On firefox and was having a real problem loading BFW. Did a sweep and found something called surftastic, didnt know what it was so removed it, been perfect ever since removal. Dont know if it was just coincidence.

It's a Adware nasty, i'm going to do one, see if i get it up.

Just noticed that I was getting the message link broken when going into river reports from link saved in favourites. Now the new season reports are on the site the link has changed and you have to save the new page for your favourites, seems to have cured the issue.

Just noticed that I was getting the message link broken when going into river reports from link saved in favourites. Now the new season reports are on the site the link has changed and you have to save the new page for your favourites, seems to have cured the issue.

When I added the new River Reports, and archived the old, there are a new set of link addresses so it will break favourites if they are set from Rivers section :(. Andy then has to update the link addresses in the Rivers section but it might still not cure favourites (in fact I doubt it will). Unfortunately something somewhere will break.

Still, it's the closed season, and the BFW Team working party has to do forum-side maintenance :D

paul4

It turns out that these problems were due to BT not routing some websites correctly, apparently it regional and is being fixed area by area at the moment. My area has just been sorted :)

Regards,

Andy F

Andy,

Whilst I have been really struggling with my Nexus tablet, my laptop running windows 8 has been fine, both on my BT infinity hub. The Tablet is good too this evening

Back