• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Is it me? Is it real?

Enjoy the experiences chaps because if the following system is rolled out with big cats, our sightings may become a thing of the past:

Feline fine
The Sunday Times reports that researchers have found that electronic boundary systems used to control the roaming of cats do not make them suffer - and may benefit them.
These systems usually use detector wires buried in the ground or strung along fences. When a cat approaches, its collar first beeps and then delivers a small shock.
The researchers said most cats learned to respond to the beep and were seldom shocked.
Researchers have declared electronic boundary systems safe for cats
The paper reports: "Pet cats can be vilified for fouling neighbours' gardens, killing birds and getting lost - but now an electronic cage that can prevent them from straying beyond their owners' gardens has won the approval of scientists.
"Cat containment systems are controversial among the owners of Britain's 8.1 million cats because they use a collar that delivers a pulse of static electricity when the animals approach preset boundaries.
"Claims that such systems make pets anxious and scared mean few owners use them."
Experts said the systems may even save cats from being run over.
The Sunday Times quotes Naima Kasbaoui, of Lincoln University, as saying: "We found no evidence of long-term welfare problems in cats living with these fences compared to cats able to roam freely."

Damn, you let let the cat out of the bag about these collars too soon Anthony. Surely a short paws for thought was required here...in fact there may even be a claws in the small prints requiring that. Still. you always were a wag, not one to sit on the fence.

Anyway, I don't want to hurt your felines here Anthony. Tabby honest, it was just that I had hoped we might see if the tails of sightings continued after the cats were confined by these collars, that would have been purrfect, but too late, I missed warning you by a whisker. My life is littered with such catsarsetrophes , but I don't get into a flap about it.

Cheers, Dave.

Damn, you let let the cat out of the bag about these collars too soon Anthony. Surely a short paws for thought was required here...in fact there may even be a claws in the small prints requiring that. Still. you always were a wag, not one to sit on the fence.

Anyway, I don't want to hurt your felines here Anthony. Tabby honest, it was just that I had hoped we might see if the tails of sightings continued after the cats were confined by these collars, that would have been purrfect, but too late, I missed warning you by a whisker. My life is littered with such catsarsetrophes , but I don't get into a flap about it.

Cheers, Dave.
Catastrophic amount of puns there Dave

Hi men,

Yes please Wayne , the whole point of setting the site up using your own name is accountability , so please keep it secure .

Hatter

Back