• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Itchen record photo

She is Really understanding to be fair, we have been together long enough now and she know's the score. It's a good balance of give and take I find.
Bob I do remember our trips well when I was a kid. I will pass on your regards to dad.We must get out fishing soon. A friendly barbel match perhaps and I have just the place!!!:)

Just seen this posted on another forum,

Parts of post edited. Shame to delete or close the thread.

Not a very nice post in my opinion.

What an astonishing and grossly unfair post. To reach the instant conclusion that the fish died from mishandling, purely because there were no obvious injuries, is bizarre enough. To then point the finger at young James on a forum for all to see, without a shred of proof, is unpardonable. I would think that amounts to slander. Idiots.

Cheers, Dave.

What an astonishing and grossly unfair post. To reach the instant conclusion that the fish died from mishandling, purely because there were no obvious injuries, is bizarre enough. To then point the finger at young James on a forum for all to see, without a shred of proof, is unpardonable. I would think that amounts to slander. Idiots.

Cheers, Dave.

Totally agree! I won't be the only one that can vouch for the fact that James would have taken the upmost care in returning the fish.

I've made comment on Fishing Magic regarding this post. Find it offensive and upsetting. It should be withdrawn with an apology.
Never ceases to amaze me what people will post.
I'm teetering on removing the thread from Bfw altogether.
Cheers
Bob

It seems to me there are some people out there who just want to bring you down.

For my part I will be very intrested to see if it is the same fish.

Also I caught her at the beginging of October 3-4 weeks before it came on BFW by myself along with other fish that where rested to the upmost.

If someone else has caught her "after" with little experiance of fish handling then it will be a great shame for such a lovely fish.

I have caught her before at 12lb. I know it is her by the large split in the tail and another mark that I will keep to myself.

cheers guys.

I dont understand the post...............

Is it to report an very good fish that has passed away or is it pointing a finger at someone who may have caught that fish seven or so weeks ago?

I've made comment on Fishing Magic regarding this post. Find it offensive and upsetting. It should be withdrawn with an apology.
Never ceases to amaze me what people will post.
I'm teetering on removing the thread from Bfw altogether.
Cheers
Bob

Bob, the post that I made wasn't made with the intension of causing mischief, it was just that I thought that in the interest of fairness as the photograph and report of the James's fish was made on here that those involved in the capture and reporting of the fish should be made aware of the post that had been made elsewhere. With hindsight I should maybe have done it by PM to James himself. It would seem that the offending post has been removed from the other site.

I can only add that the fish had not been reported as found last sunday.

If as I suspect it came from the bottom swim, below that is public fishing.

Bob, the post that I made wasn't made with the intension of causing mischief, it was just that I thought that in the interest of fairness as the photograph and report of the James's fish was made on here that those involved in the capture and reporting of the fish should be made aware of the post that had been made elsewhere. With hindsight I should maybe have done it by PM to James himself. It would seem that the offending post has been removed from the other site.

I think everyone understood that there was no malice intended in your post Graham. Shame the same cannot be said of the original.

Cheers, Dave.

It would be wrong to move, delete or close this thread at this stage. I've made an edit and also noticed that the offending thread has been removed from Fishing Magic.
Cheers
Bob

Well golly gosh...someone telling porky pies in an effort to manufacturing trouble for a BFW member, perhaps also hoping to cause dissent within the forum. I can't quite bring to mind what events in the past this reminds me of...nope, it's gone. It will probably come to me later :rolleyes:

Cheers, Dave.

Back